Show Us Your Mobile Desktop

securitybreach

securitybreach

Cool! What's that Aldiko app? Looks like a book app. You know me and books LOL! Is that a Calibre like app for Android?

Yes, it is an ebook reader and:

Use it to browse and download from thousands of FREE classics and modern works and read them right on your Android Smartphones and tablets.

http://www.aldiko.com/

Guest LilBambi

Stanza allows you to bring in your own pdfs, text, epub, as long as they aren't encrypted. Only caveat is that you have to bring it in through a URL. Can also bring in Gutenberg files too and other locations.

Looked like that one allowed you to do that too, Josh. It's a very nice app.

The wallpaper on the most recent one (planet with the rings and the sun behind it) is nice.... is there a higher resolution available by chance? or only on mobile phones?

Edited by Tushman

• 2 weeks later...
securitybreach

The wallpaper on the most recent one (planet with the rings and the sun behind it) is nice.... is there a higher resolution available by chance? or only on mobile phones?

Well the sun part is a widget but yes, here is the wallpaper: http://www.graphistes-world.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/lth_1440x900.jpg

Sorry, I missed your reply

• 4 weeks later...

The wallpaper I'm using is animated... the water surface takes its orders from "the gyroscope". The effect is slightly nauseating.

:w00tx100:

securitybreach

The wallpaper I'm using is animated... the water surface takes its orders from "the gyroscope". The effect is slightly nauseating.

:w00tx100:

Yeah, I used that wallpaper on my first Android tablet (ViewSonic Gtablet) a few years ago. Nice wallpaper but I am not much on the animated wallpaper anymore.

• 3 weeks later...
securitybreach

quMAT.jpg

Dunno why the Conky? app shows Arm 7 instead of Arm 9. Its only a visual error as that part does nothing but still.

Hmm wonder how hard it would be to change that?

• 1 month later...
V.T. Eric Layton

Awww... I ain't got ona' dem thar fancy mobeel desktops. Oh, wait... howsa' bout dis here one?

TableLegsCasters.jpg

It ain't ona' dem iThings, though. :(

V.T. Eric Layton

Yup. This is about as fancy as I get when it comes to gadgets...

my Motorola W175G TracFone

moto_w175g.jpg

It's a neat little phone. I like it a lot. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My Samsung Galaxy S2. Not rooted, no apps installed, but it makes great phone calls and gets over 7 days on battery charge!

screenshot20121214s.png

I only got it because I needed to upgrade my mobile contract to a $30/month plan to get a 25% discount on cable internet (plus $7 for the phone). I was only on a $29 plan with my trusty Nokia 6233. So $8 more for phone, $18 less for broadband. Good deal! :thumbsup: B)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Guest LilBambi

How to take a screen shot of the BlackBerry smartphone using the "loader.exe" tool - KB18982 - Blackberry.com

Environment: BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.7 to 7.0

Overview

To take a screen shot of the active display on a BlackBerry® smartphone, complete the following steps:

   Option 1:

Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer using a USB cable.

Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt.

For computers using a 32-bit version of Windows, type:

cd c:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Apploader

For computers using a 64-bit version of Windows, type:

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader

To save a screen shot to the root of the C Drive, type:

loader.exe /screenshot c:\screenshot1.bmp

If there is a password on the BlackBerry smartphone, a screen will appear asking for the password of the BlackBerry smartphone.

Type the password used to unlock the BlackBerry smartphone and press ENTER

Note: Some Windows operating systems require the command prompt to be run as administrator to allow this functionality.

Note: Even though the command specifies to save to C:\ , on some Windows Vista and Windows 7 computers, the screen shot is sometimes saved at the following location:

C:\Users\\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Apploader                                                 

Option 2:

For BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.1 -7.0.

1. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer using a USB cable.

2. Open BlackBerry Desktop Software, if there is a password on the BlackBerry smartphone, a screen will appear asking for the password of the BlackBerry smartphone. Type the password used to unlock the BlackBerry smartphone and press ENTER. Once the BlackBerry is connected to the BlackBerry Desktop Software select the Question Mark icon in the top right corner of the BlackBerry Desktop Software.

3. Select Support Resources then Support Tools. Then select the Generate tab under Generate Support Log. Once the logs are generated select the Blue Link, Browse to log files.

The screen will be located amongst the Support logs.

That stinks. No wonder they lost to out to Apple and Android!

Guest LilBambi

Wait, CNET has a nice tutorial with some pics:

How to take a screenshot on a BlackBerry smartphone - CNET

Taking screenshots on your BlackBerry smartphone can come in handy in a variety of situations, whether you're trying to show a friend something on your phone or you're troubleshooting but don't know how to explain what exactly is happening. This simple tutorial shows you how to take a screenshot.
Edited by LilBambi