Mozilla 1.4 / Mozilla 1.5 /Firebird

jodef

I have Mandrake 9.2 installed by default comes with Mozilla 1.4. I used Firebird under windows and so I decided to install it however the rendering ie fonts don't seem to display properly regardless of font selection I make I can confirm it not an issue with display drivers all other browsers Mozilla 1.4,Konqueror and Galeon display properly.Ok so here's the thing I removed Firebird and instead chose to go with Mozilla 1.5 but it seemed to be installed with the Firebird fonts. B) Is this because Mozilla 1.5 and Firebird are similar in code or is linux storing the settings somewhere and I need to delete it before installing Mozilla 1.5?I would appreciate any advice you can give or bythe way new to linux so don't assume anything?

I assume you're referring to firebird since didn't see any Gtk2+Xft for mozilla honestly can't remember so I'll download now and tell you if that works.Thks for suggestion.

Installed Firebird GTK2 + XFT seems to have solved the problem.Thanks. :)
Glad to hear its working now :) I couldn't find any for Mozilla-Suite either, they must be for FB only.

Actually, from the Mozilla Builds forum, I found this post by forum member Wirf who makes (pretty much) daily Mozilla builds with XFT, the latest of which are posted here. Maybe you can give these a try if you would rather use Mozilla (or in addition to Firebird, which I prefer anyway)hope this helps :)

Thx I prefer firebird myself just completed d/l thunderbird once I get it running will stick with these apps for now.Till I am more comfortable in linux latest builds might not be best.Thx much for the help really appreciate it. :) :)