Download Program using CL

tenspeed

I need to upgrade squirrelmail on my Clark Connect box, but I've never downloaded from the command line.How do I get the squirrelmail from the internet then to the proper directory. thanks AllJust to let you know what I'm doing.I currrently have squirrelmail 1.2.11 on my Clark Box, I going to upgrade to 1.4.1. Once that is done I'm using the calendar program for squirrelmail. They have enhanced the calendar function to allow group calendars. The Family already uses the calendar but the group function will allow me so the where my 3 teenage daughters and the wife are. We currently use the calendar, but we login to each persons calendar to see what's going on.

I need to upgrade squirrelmail on my Clark Connect box, but I've never downloaded from the command line.How do I get the squirrelmail from the internet then to the proper directory. thanks AllJust to let you know what I'm doing.I currrently have squirrelmail 1.2.11 on my Clark Box, I going to upgrade to 1.4.1.  Once that is done I'm using the calendar program for squirrelmail. They have enhanced  the calendar function to allow group calendars.  The Family already uses the calendar but the group function will allow me so the where my 3 teenage daughters and the wife are. We currently use the calendar, but we login to each persons calendar to see what's going on.
I'm not familiar with this distro, but perhaps this will help: :whistling: Software UpdatesGood fortune.

Hi TenspeedThere are a few ways to download a program:

wget http://www.full-url-of the package

will put the file in your /home directoryAlso you could try if you have the program "links" installed ( it most likely is ) and use it to browse to the file first, then use the "d" key to download ( also to /home ). You start links with:

links www.site-to-visit.com

:whistling: Bruno

The program is at:http://aleron.dl.sourceforge.net/sourcefor...il-1.4.2.tar.gzSo based on the everyone's post I would just add wget infront of the URL, Right?  thanks for the quick post everyone.  This is my Sunday project.  I have to go to a family dinner, so I will check back in later and give eveyone an update on this project.
Correct. But you may want to see what version would be installed via apt-get.