"do not download from server"

-ct-

the rule is available (but never actually worked) in OEOE fscked up some email so i ditched it and moved to outlook 2000i don't have that option nowall i have is to apply a rule to delete it AFTER it's downloadedi want to prevent it's being downloaded completelythere's just ONE particular email i am trying to get rid of and it's REALLY starting to piss me off that i can't prevent it from being downloaded"TargitInteractive Offer " is the from: field, and (a lot of numbers, always different)@tm01(or2, 3, etc).com is the addressi want to prevent the download based on the name in the from: fieldideas, other than moving to yet another email client? :lol:

Cluttermagnet
the rule is available (but never actually worked) in OEOE fscked up some email so i ditched it and moved to outlook 2000i don't have that option nowall i have is to apply a rule to delete it AFTER it's downloadedi want to prevent it's being downloaded completelythere's just ONE particular email i am trying to get rid of and it's REALLY starting to piss me off that i can't prevent it from being downloaded"TargitInteractive Offer " is the from: field, and (a lot of numbers, always different)@tm01(or2, 3, etc).com is the addressi want to prevent the download based on the name in the from: fieldideas, other than moving to yet another email client? :lol:
Why are you so resistant to doing that? Having more than one email client can come in very handy once in a while. Here I still use Mailwasher to scan my new emails on the server and I delete the trash right on the server. It is a small, efficient utility and I have found it very handy. Personally, I have been spoiled by having so much choice for so many years. I always have multiple browsers and email clients on my machines. In a pinch, having a backup can be a lifesaver. And deleting trash emails unread, right on your ISP server is simple for many of these little clients. Mailwasher, Pegasus, Pocomail, and Eudora are all examples of 'safe' email clients that let you get a sneak peek at emails on the server, even trash emails with dangerous attachments and other nasty stuff- with absolutely no risk and no need to download. Unless you have a really good, ironclad reason to have to use only a MS client (is this at your work?), ditch those utilities or at least supplement them with others that will make up for their weaknesses.

The inability to delete email on the server isn't, I don't think, the fault of the email package but of the way your mail server is configured. But there is a small class of software utilties called Email Notifiers that often have a feature that you might use. I use one called MailBell.http://www.emtec.com/mailbell/index.htmlAmong other things, this product lets you delete mail on the server before it comes down. It's designed to be used in either launch-and-mess-with or running-in-background mode. Anyway, you can see and delete messages before they come down. You can also set messages from specific senders or subjects to be deleted on the server. I don't leave this thing running all the time, and I can't vouch for its reliability in that mode. But I can tell you that it is well programmed and actively being kept up to date. I recommend the product in general, and it might solve your problem.-- Scot

I use (and like) MailWasher (free) it checks the mail while still on the server and you can delete or 'bounce' it without downloading it. Have it load at Startup, minimized, and it will also inform you if you have mail without having to open your client.