Thunderbird address book

longgone

My problem is this, for some reason I cannot get email addresses to go into the "personal addresses" portion, they have no problem at all just going right into "collected addresses" section. So far, the only thing that I have found that even mentions the "personal address book" is in the "junk mail" setup procedure. How/where do I go to fix this particular problem?

I wish I knew the answer to that. I can drag and drop them from the collected to personal, and that's what I've been doing. I wish I could just delete that daggone collected folder, but I can't.

Tools > Options > CompositionChange "Automatically add outgoing e-mail addresses to my:" to Personal Address Book.Yes, I know you don't want to "automatically" add addresses, but when you manually add one it'll go by that setting.Tested on 3.1.10.Kevin

kkehoe...... That is good to know ,, but ,, I want to add the email addresses of the incoming emails from friends/family to the address book.