We've Lost Another Friend

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

It is with much sadness that I must type these words.Our friend Frank passed on from this world on 5 April 2011. He will be missed by many. I've posted a memorial to him at my Cabin In the Woods board. There is also a thread going at my Out of the Woods board. Please use this thread or those to post your condolences.Thank you.~Eric

My sincere condolences to his family. Frank will indeed be missed, not only by his family and real-life friends, but also by those of us who had the opportunity to interact with him in the virtual world.

Wow, words can't come to me. In the short time I have been a part of these forums, there are a few that I have looked up to and learned so much from, Frank being one of them. :) He taught me a lot and was always so patient. As Corrine said, my sincerest of condolonces go out to his family who I can only imagine are going through a very hard time right now.I will miss Frank very much!!! Rest in internal peace my friend :(Ian

Guest LilBambi

I am so sorry to hear this. Frank was a true technician, linux advocate, and troubleshooter extraordinaire as well as a very caring person.What a sad thing...May you Rest in Peace Frank and may all your family know that Frank was loved by his online friends.

Wow..I'n not sure of what to say...it is a sad day...Frank was one of those folks you could watch and learn from...I know I got to where I would check out anything he wrote about..sometimes he confirmed what I knew...but usually he managed to allow me to learn something new...or more than I knew...Thanks Frank.My prayers to his family...I can see Bruno standing there waiting for him and smiling

This is so sad. I had no idea. And he wasn't very old, either. Only 60. Sympathy to his family. :) Bye, Frank. It was great to have known you.

5th April 2011 - 10:56 PM He was logged in just before his great reckoning in a little room. I'm going to miss you, Frank. Say hi to Bruno for us. I look forward to meeting you in times to come.Requiescat In Pacem, Frank

Cluttermagnet

Thank you, Frank. You knew your stuff and you helped people a lot. Know peace, gentle spirit- you'll be missed...

• 3 weeks later...