'make check' not found?

LLfan

Alright, attempting to compile Xine and after ./configure I am supposed to 'make check'. I get: bash: make check: command not foundSO I try make: bash: make: command not foundAm I missing something?

I would try finding RPM for your distro but if you insist on compiling then you need command make and make install.They are part of "Devlopment Tools" package I believe.Try installing all Development tools and then try again compilation.

I'm a little confused. Here is the package I am trying to install: xine-lib-1-rc2It came as a tar.gz teacher but I had already extracted it. I cd to the directory, ./configure (went just fine) but make gives me a bad bash command as stated above. I tired installing development tools but still no good.Any other ideas?

Did you do some research to see what your dependencies are? Where is the file located? Maybe a clean download of your file will make a difference? Possibly corrupt? Of course I am just guessing. I went and looked and mine was installed as an RPM with all dependencies included so I did not have to do anything extra to install.

Did you do some research to see what your dependencies are?  Where is the file located?  Maybe a clean download of your file will make a difference?  Possibly corrupt?  Of course I am just guessing.  I went and looked and mine was installed as an RPM with all dependencies included so I did not have to do anything extra to install.
I did do some research, installed the dependencies it requested, ./configured did a check and all went well so it told me to make.Where oh where did you get the rpm as I could not find it on their site?

Hi MikeI know this advice is coming too late . . but for future reference ( I know you like to venture exotic packages :'( ):1).

$ ./configure --info  or ./configure --help

often can give you lots of info about the special parameters you can give ./configure2). "make test" won´t work if you don´t do "make" first . . . So:

$ cd package$ ./configure -info$ ./configure$ make$ make test$ su< password ># make install# make clean

:devil: Bruno