Adobe Reader Update scam

patio

INTRODUCING UPGRADED ADOBE ACROBAT READER Dear Customers, Adobe is pleased to announce new version upgrades for Adobe Acrobat Reader.Download Now To Try Us Out Advanced features include:- Collaborate across borders- Create rich, polished PDF files from any application that prints- Ensure visual fidelity- Encrypt and share PDF files more securely- Use the standard for document archival and exchange To upgrade and enhance your work productivity today, go to:Adobe Acrobat Reader Upgrade Center Start downloading the update right now and let us know what you think about it.We're working on making Adobe Acrobat Reader better all the time ! Copyright 2011 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.Adobe Systems Incorporated343 Preston StreetOttawa, ON K1S 1N4Canada
Recieved this in an e-mail this AM....I noticed the live links in the body were red flagged by WOT.After further digging i found out it is a phishing scam to retrieve data....DO NOT clik the links and get rid of the message from your Inbox....Pass this along.Thanxpatio,

Recieved this in an e-mail this AM....I noticed the live links in the body were red flagged by WOT.After further digging i found out it is a phishing scam to retrieve data....DO NOT clik the links and get rid of the message from your Inbox....Pass this along.Thanxpatio,
Thanks for the heads up Patio. Good to know!

Adobe is pleased to announce new version upgrades for Adobe Acrobat Reader.Download Now To Try Us Out
The English grammar should be a tipoff. B)

I had the weirdest thing happen to me the other day - I got an offer to become part of the Manfrotto team. Now Manfrotto is a real company - they make some of the best photographic tripods in the world. Because I knew that bit of info, I didn't immediately toss the note.But neither have I done anything with it. I don't expect anyone to put $25million in my account, but I could probably be tempted into doing something stupid for a half-price Manfrotto tripod!

Does Manfrotto know your email address?I've gotten 3 phishing emails in the past week from Capital One. I know they are phishing attempts (forwarded them to the government) simply because I do not have any Capital One accounts therefore, they would not know my email address.

No, I've never dealt with them before. But the links all go to the real Manfrotto. I don't know; I'll probably just forget about it and that'll be that. I never reply to any of those things anyway, but this one I've not deleted.

Does Manfrotto know your email address?I've gotten 3 phishing emails in the past week from Capital One. I know they are phishing attempts (forwarded them to the government) simply because I do not have any Capital One accounts therefore, they would not know my email address.
Usually, the bank has a fraud account too, and they are interested in those e-mails since it could help them track these guys down and shut them down. It would be useful to forward those phishing e-mails to them.

I had the weirdest thing happen to me the other day - I got an offer to become part of the Manfrotto team. Now Manfrotto is a real company - they make some of the best photographic tripods in the world. Because I knew that bit of info, I didn't immediately toss the note.But neither have I done anything with it. I don't expect anyone to put $25million in my account, but I could probably be tempted into doing something stupid for a half-price Manfrotto tripod!
Those are the dangerous ones!! They don't promise huge things, but maybe just a 50% off coupon for a local restaurant, or a tripod, or whatever. My policy is that if I hesitate to click it's enough of a warning for me. I don't click, I delete. That little hesitation is enough.

Those are the dangerous ones!! They don't promise huge things, but maybe just a 50% off coupon for a local restaurant, or a tripod, or whatever. My policy is that if I hesitate to click it's enough of a warning for me. I don't click, I delete. That little hesitation is enough.
Yeah, that's what I've done. I haven't actually deleted it, but it's moved three or four pages down the list at this point and I've stopped thinking about it.But a half-off discount on a Manfrotto isn't a small thing. It'd save me about $200-$250

• 3 weeks later...