No more history in Sidebar

siebkens

When I viewed my Mozilla 1.5 sidebar previously, it showed my past browsing history - today, 1 day ago, 2 days ago, etc. Now my sidebar is blank & I can't seem to make the history show up there. I go to View/ Show Sidebar, Choose Tabs (in Sidebar), Customize sidebar. I have added History to the Tabs in Sidebar on the right. See screenshotSidebar still has no history. :D Thanks!

Hmmm. Thats a strange problem. I'm not really familiar with SeaMonkey...I mostly use Firebird.But since they are basically the same, when was the last time you made a new profile? Or cleared the cache? I don't know if either of those would affect this problem in any way, but that would probably be the steps to take in Firebird. Profiles are usually the culprit in many problems people have.If you don't use Firebird, now would be a good time to jump....*nudge, nudge*And sorry that this post is basically useless...but cache or profile could be the reasons.Good luck though :D

SiebHow many times do I have to tell you to look to the future, not to the past?  :DDid you change versions or settings???
Teach,I wasn't looking at my past (it's sparkly clean, visiting wholesome places like this forum :D ) - I was trying to look at my 12-year old son's past! :rolleyes: (A post elsewhere in the forum reminded me that I hadn't done that in a while) I haven't changed settings recently (but I have been known to tinker from time to time :P ). My Mozilla folder in Program Files is dated 11/13/03. I believe that this is when I installed Mozilla 1.5 - I probably haven't checked history since I installed this version.I assume that adding the history to the tabs in the sidebar is the right approach?
(steeler fan for life)But since they are basically the same, when was the last time you made a new profile? Or cleared the cache? If you don't use Firebird, now would be a good time to jump....*nudge, nudge*
I clear the cache frequently. I haven't created a new profile in a LONG TIME - will check to see if history shows up with a newly created profile. Good idea! :D I don't use Firebird because I use Mozilla for mail. Was waiting for Thunderbird to be stable. Does Thunderbird integrate with Firebird like Mozilla Mail & is it ready for prime time?Thanks!

I clear the cache frequently.  I haven't created a new profile in a LONG TIME - will check to see if history shows up with a newly created profile.  Good idea! :P
OK - I tried it with a new profile & there's my history! It's actually at the bottom of the sidebar - maybe that tab just isn't showing in my regular profile? I guess I'll have to reconstruct my profile - ick! Thanks steeler fan for life!BTW - Love the new avatar Julia! :DPoked around at it some more. Added Search & Bookmarks to sidebar, deleted history & added again & there's history! :rolleyes:

One thing I can think of is that your history is being cleared...when I cleared my history just now and opened the history sidebar (again, Firebird) and it was totally blank. But yes, a new profile is a good idea anytime you are having problems (in fact, new profiles are pretty much required before reporting bugs for this very reason).And on the topic of Thunderbird, I can not comment, because I don't use it (I just use basic Hotmail and don't have a need for it). But I'm sure that it is quite good (new 0.4 release just came out on Friday see Release Notes).I say good luck again! :rolleyes:[Edit]Crosspost! But I'm glad that you got it to work, and glad that I could help :P[/edit]

I've found Tbird to be very stable (it never crashes except for when a build comes out with a major bug)... It doesn't quite have the integration with Firebird that the Mozilla Suite does though... You can install an extension in Firebird that will put a tbird icon in firebird, but that's about as much integration as you'll get. All you have to do is install firebird (you don't have to uninstall Mozilla as it won't touch any of your settings) and see what you think. :rolleyes:

Thanks Ryan!I actually have tried Firebird & was quite happy with it. The only problem that I have with it is that I'll again be using 2 different applications for my web stuff. I'm spoiled to being able to use Mozilla for browsing, email (worked out a way to share email using Mozilla between 3 different computers without duplicating) & to create & publish my simple webpage. Can Tbird share profiles across a network? Still looking for that ability from Netscape 4.79.----------The been with Mozilla (NS) since 1996 Sieb! :rolleyes:

I forgot you had that setup that way... The answer to sharing profiles is yes and no. You can't share the whole profile, but the mail folders can be located in one central location, so it's basically the same thing... It's actually fairly easy to setup as well.