I tried, I really tried but I just could not take it any more

crp

Frank Golden
Yes, I know, and when I tried various sizes shown on the page, they all came down as the large size! Never seen anything like that happen before :thumbsup: Bill
I dunno Bill, I D\L three different images using the method I described (96px, 64px and 48px) and checked the file properties of each.All three are different with different file sizes.The file names are different as well.th_Capture_1-1.jpgIf you open each in Gimp and check each in image>scale image they are showing different sizes as well.They are in fact different.

Well I'll tell you what I was doing wrong; I was right clicking the image and selecting "save image as"; if I left click it, it downloads in the correct size . . . duh . . . Bill

Edited by BillD

Don't feel bad, Bill. Last week I was trying to install Bodhi Linux and got stuck at a prompt which simply readboot:I was stuck there for two days trying to figure out what command I was supposed to type in there. Then I accidentally hit the Enter key - problem solved! :yes:

• 4 months later...
Linus Torvalds? Who the heck listens to THAT guy...? :rolleyes:
I don't know. Way back when I was a KDE-only guy, I was happy to know that Torvalds didn't like GNOME, either. Then I started spending more time with GNOME, ended up loving it. So if he says he doesn't like GNOME 3... maybe I should install it!

V.T. Eric Layton

Heh! Yeah... that article made the rounds on G+ yesterday. I suggested to Linus that he use Xfce; turns out he already does. :rolleyes:

He does have a point.Let me clarify a bit: way back then KDE 4 series started to enter the scene as the new and shiny best of the breed blah blah. It turned out to be a beta version or something like that, however in my eyes and from what I saw and experienced it wasn't even alpha stage. So I switched to gnome and never regretted it. Until those guys try to push a new gnome version along our throat. Easier for the end user blah blah. Yeah, whatever, but where's the customization gone? Nowhere to be seen.What baffles me however why Linus selected XFCE. Nothing wrong with it, I've used it myself too. But why wasn't there any mention in the article of Linus reasons for XFCE? I sure would like to know his reasons.

What baffles me however why Linus selected XFCE. Nothing wrong with it, I've used it myself too. But why wasn't there any mention in the article of Linus reasons for XFCE? I sure would like to know his reasons.
Maybe he just doesn't like being bothered with anything NEW.

I'm not familiar with CentOS, but I see that it's based on Fedora, right? So I'm assuming that's why gksu isn't available in CentOS, correct me if I'm wrong.Anyway, I've seen it mentioned that Fedora folks can use su - (su space dash) instead of su to open something like Nautilus in root mode. Maybe that would work for you in CentOS?(@Eric, I always thought there was something "wrong" with using su instead of gksu to open Nautilus -- not sure why it would be wrong, but it sure doesn't work here in Debian Squeeze's GNOME -- wrecks the desktop.)Another thing mentioned for Fedora users is beesu -- don't know if that's available for CentOS.I'm using Fedora 14 (KDE), myself, though...@Frank Golden - Dang, why am I always going to the terminal in Squeeze to type gksu nautilus? I guess it's just habit, but using a launcher as you mentioned would make things just as easy. Guess I'll create one!
I was not impressed with CentOS when I tried it. It bored me. Got rid of it.BTW, CentOS is fully based on pay for play RedHat, as is Scientific Linux, and few others. They compile it from the sources, every time that RedHat releases their next version.Cheers!

I was not impressed with CentOS when I tried it. It bored me. Got rid of it....
pretty much why I chose it for the company server - boring is good :w00t: