WooHoo!!!

GolfProRM

Hey, Quint: That's how we ALL started ! :blink: Bruno
Hi, Bruno. I know your probably right, but it's always easier to blame ourselves for our shortcomings, rather than seek out a solution - but I can only speak for myself. :( Thanks for the encouragement. :)

Bruno,Thanks for the info on the MBR, although I did a search and came across this...

Procedure with Windows XP Under Windows XP, you can restore the original MBR (thus uninstalling Lilo) as follows: Boot from the Windows XP CD, press the key "R" in the setup in order to start the restoration console. Select your Windows XP installation from the list, and enter the administrator password. Enter the command "FIXMBR" at the input prompt and confirm the next question with "y". Finally, use "exit" to restore the computer.

I found this to be a much easier solution (especially since Windows XP doesn't use a boot floppy)... I got my MBR straightened out so it boots straight into WinXP and my bootfloppy allows me to boot in to Linux.Works well with my girlfriend who isn't very computer savvy... this way she won't have to learn anything new to boot up the computer into windows. :blink:

I think Peachy could write a book Linux for Newbies
I second that motion. :lol:
I have another suggestion: I would vote in favor for Peachy as additional moderator for the 'All Things Linux forum'Bruno

Guest ComputerBob
Hmm,That would be quite a shock to my wife! :lol:
OK, now I think it's safe to assume that that's not you in your avatar. :lol: So, who is it? Susan Lucci?

ComputerBob --If it is, it's before she cut some bangs to cover her forehead :lol:
Don't know if that's Ms. Lucci or not. I just liked the look of it. I downloaded the icons from this site. I do web design on the side and Zeldman is my CSS guru. Him and Eric Meyer.

Hi,LILO is really useless compared to GRUB. I recommend u use GRUB.....RedHat 8 and above has made GRUB as the default bootloader. Also u will not have the hassel of using those bootfloppies.. Following is the procedure:-assuming u have a working grub.confand /boot within / partitionTo start the grub shell# grubgrub> find /boot/grub/stage1u'll get the partition where your grub stages are installed in grub hd naming convention for e.g. (h0,3)then set this as root partitiongrub> root (hd0,3)then install grub on mbrgrub> setup (hd0)quit and rebootgrub> quit# reboot