Hotmail Scam?

JerryM

I received an email from "Windows Live Hotmail" that stated that due to congestion Windows Hotmail is going to close unused accounts. In order to verify my account I am to provide info that includes name, password, alternative email accounts, etc. If no reply my account will be suspended within 48 hours for security reasons.This is obviously a scam to obtain email information, and I am not going to respond. Anyone else get such a message?Regards,Jerry

Thanks, V.T.The link gives the exact message I gkot.Regards,JerryThanks, V.T.The link gives the exact message I received.Regards,Jerry

V.T. Eric Layton

I know I'm not seen outside of Bruno's All Things Linux here at Scot's too often, but V. T. is a bit formal for my tastes. :) Everyone calls me Eric, Jerry. :)Have a good one! :)

Frank Golden

You would think that the perps of these scams would do their homework and polish up their act.Making an effort to avoid spelling mistakes, grammatical goofs etc. would increase their chances of success.Luckily these idiots are just that idiots and\or English isn't their first language. LOL.Of course there are idiots that fall for this stuff all the time so maybe that's a moot point.Interesting read Eric.

V.T. Eric Layton

Yeah... a lot of the folks falling for it are my friends, cousins, aunts/uncles. I try to teach them. *sigh*

Yeah... a lot of the folks falling for it are my friends, cousins, aunts/uncles. I try to teach them. *sigh*
You can drown the horse, but...