Windows 7 SP 1 released

Tushman

Every operating system has some issues. (Yes, including service packs which I see as an extension of the operating system). Guess what.... software is not perfect. The vast majority of the people trash talking Microsoft or heavily criticizing them are the same who haven't the foggiest clue the challenges of software coding/debugging much less know how to write their own operating system. I try to look at it from a broader perspective of Microsoft's history. Remember the hype leading up to Win95 release? ... remember the fiasco that ensued afterwards? We have come a long ways since then. Even the most ardent Microsoft hater would have a hard time arguing otherwise. I'm not necessarily defend MS - just trying to encourage some people to look at it from a broader perspective. I know it's hard. Computer problems can be a very personal experience. Even Win 7 as great as it is_not_quite_perfect.All in all, my own personal experience with Win 7 has been very positive... but I know there's people out there who have run into problems with it. I don't dismiss the fact that every service pack released has had some issues. THIS service pack in particular has been one of the least problematic in terms of the number of people affected - but that's just a subjective viewpoint, not factual. Either way, it's not a big enhancement or contain any siginificant security patches. So if you're a user who keeps his/her system relatively up to date, I think it's safe to hold off on installing this service pack for a little bit, until MS works out all the kinks.

Guest LilBambi

Personally, I really love Windows 7. It's beautiful, it's very stable, and so much better than anything that Microsoft has done in the past.It may not be perfect, but you generally won't find anything perfect in this world.Not trying to belittle the accomplishment of Windows 7. Just trying to say that many people have had problems that were belittled is all.One of the best things about Windows 7 besides how beautiful and stable it is? Imaging and backup software built right in. That gives you the ability to still do things that might mess you up and get back if it doesn't work out.These are the same things that are some of the best things about the Mac and Linux.Personally, I think we are in the best time of operating systems' development right now.

I've been helping in another forum with people who have had problems with SP1. A good number of them have used driver cleaners, registry cleaners, or did things like using the hack to install Windows Mail on Windows 7. This blog has been a good resource: http://blogs.technet.com/b/joscon/ Joseph is very active on the TechNet forums.