Temmu

another (minor) cool thing about 7

can't find the cool things about 7 u like,but here's this little one anyway! :)when downloading in ie, the progress bar shows up in the ie icon in the task bar:when done, it's green , then flashes from yellow to green, then solid yellow.ie-downloading.pngie-download-c.pngie-download-f.png

um... admins?can we find the cool things (or neat things?) you like about 7and tack this on to the end of it?

Hello,Good idea!I like using the Ctrl+Shift+N key chord to make new directories in Windows Explorer.Regards,Aryeh Goretsky

I've just discovered you can execute batch files in the search box located in the Start Menu. I've always understood how you can use it to launch installed applications (or any *.exe files for that matter), but using it to launch batch files is a novelty for me. Now I have a new method to execute batch files. For Example: you have a batch file named "batch_me.bat" Just begin to type in the name bat.... the search will bring up the matching file name above in the search results. Click on it to run the batch file. Alternatively, if you have several batch files and don't know the exact file name, just type *.bat (ala DOS wildcard key) into the Start | search.I don't know why this was such a surprise to me. For the short amount of time that I used Vista, I don't remember the search box being so capable... By the way, you can launch windows control panel items the same way. e.g. type "inetcpl.cpl" to bring up the internet explorer options menu box.untitled2.pngOne minor note: I'm not sure if it was just my system or not... the above did not work if the batch file was actually located another hard drive. It worked however, when I moved the batch file on my desktop. So i think it must reside somewhere on your desktop or user profile folder for this to work.

Edited by Tushman

I like using the Ctrl+Shift+N key chord to make new directories in Windows Explorer.
...and Ctrl+Shift+Esc to get to Task Manager via keystrokes.

...and Ctrl+Shift+Esc to get to Task Manager via keystrokes.
That is nothing new in Windows 7. It's been available since window 2000.

That is nothing new in Windows 7. It's been available since window 2000.
before that, I just did it on my NT pc o:)

and speaking of nt:eons ago, we upgraded our users from win 3.11 to nt.so we hired a trainer to teach nt for a month.me an my co worker were to attend the first class and reporton suitability of the class.so we entered the room boisterously arguing,is our boss going to give us a pc or an nt? ( :wacko: )the instructor just kept on getting ready for class.then unexpectedly in comes our boss, hey, (mr instructor) i'd like you to meet my lead technician.the instructor paled and looked at ushey, you guys aren't gonna give me a hard time, are you? :lol:we assured him we weren't