Complete system?

ross549

OK, folks.... hopefully, someone here has had to setup something similar to what I need to do.Basically, I need a system for a website that does the following:1. Runs on a linux server.2. Allows for taking a one-time fee from a credit card3. assigns a PIN or a username/password for access to the content4. allows access to a database for the time alloted by the PIN5. have the PIN or username/password expireMy former boss has asked me to set something up like this for him. It will be used for car restoration info.

Hmm.... I read my original post.... this needs to be for a website.I was under the impression that most websites run some flavor of linux/unix.This does need to run on a linux server.

Most e-commerce systems are based on OS/2 Warp, not Linux.http://www.ecomstation.com/ << is close to what you are looking for.
Hmm,I would disagree on this, too. The majority of ecommerce sites I've come across are running Windows 2000/IIS 5.0/ASP applications. UNIX/Linux ecommerce solutions are available but I don't know of any specific ones.

I think it might be a good idea to also post this in the Linux Forum also.
Most of the Linux folks that deal with web design come over here as well. It really does fit in well here. A quick search in my Mandrake Control Center for "commerce" came up with ezpublish-3.1-2.mdk, jonas-3.2-2jpp, and osCommerce-2.2-0.20030813+MS2.1mdk. Research the three of those and you should be in business. I think jonas and osCommerce are probably the biggest but you will just have to give them a try. I don't know if they are just included in the Pwoer Pack or if they are in the download version.

If you're looking for a kindof "out-of-the-box" thype solution then you might try something like ECBuilder Pro (http://www.ecbuilder.com/). It's as simple as following the prompts to crete a website. I used it once to create a site for my eCommerce module at uni - it seamed pretty good and really easy to use. I'm not sure about usernames/ passwords but you can set something like that up in Dreamweaver fairly simply.Chris <_<

• 2 weeks later...