Close verification in Tabbed Dialogs

littlebone

I am using Tabbed pages in Firebird. When I have multiple tabs open, my tab options indicate that FB should query if I want to exit. There are three choices on the tab: Exit, Exit and reload open tabs next time, Cancel. I would think that cancel should put me back into FB, but it does not. In fact the browser appears to have closed before the dialog box is shown. I am sure that this is a "phases of the moon" bug, since it does not occur on another machine that I use FB on. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know how I can fix it?

I assume you're using Tabbrowser Extensions? This would be a bug in TBE and not firebird... Since TBE is programmed by a different developer, you might have to let him know about the bug. :rolleyes: Also, if you haven't, I'd try updating your version of TBE... It's quite possible this has been fixed recently as the developer has been very active...Here's the website: http://white.sakura.ne.jp/~piro/xul/_tabex...ensions.html.en

Ryan:Yes, I am using the Tabbed Browser extensions. I just updated to the latest build of the extensions, but the program still exits before I can stop if from doing so.The version of Firebird on the second machine also has the Tabbed Browser extensions installed. It does not have this problem. I think the extensions only allow tweaking of the tab settings. Isn't tabbed browsing actually a part of the base browser?

Is the Firebird version the same on both computers? Or are they running different build versions? What you might do is create a new profile and install TBE to see if it has the same problem... It's possible there's a problem in your current profile.

I decided to start over and deleted and re-installed FB and some extensions. However, after doing extensive reading of the forums at the Mozilla site, I decided to bypass the Tabbed Browser Extensions. There were many complaints that it was too large and had great potential for bugs. In fact the bug list at the TBE site was large enough to want to make me want to avoid it until such time as FB is full production and extension developers are not shooting at a moving target.Of course this leaves me with the problem that I keep exiting Firebird when all I meant to do was close a tab. It's the absent minded surfer in me that makes me do it. This is one thing that I like more about Opera. Opera has a preference setting that asks "Are you sure you want ot exit?". You can turn this off, but I know myself, I turn it on.