KB shortcut question

littlebone

I have looked in the online help and cannot find out if there is a key that will take me to the top of a web page. In almost all Windows software, this is CTRL+Home. In Firebird this seems to scroll to the bottom. I saw the potentially helpful ALT+Home combination, but this just opened my home pages.Does anyone know if there is a shortcut if Firebird for this?

Ctrl+Home works for me in any page... You do have to make sure you're not clicked in a text box or a different frame as that makes a difference, but I've always used Ctrl+Home...

Hmm...

Ctrl,Home works for me in any page... You do have to make sure you're not clicked in a text box or a different frame as that makes a difference, but I've always used Ctrl+Home...
One more thing... what about just the Home button?
I was just able to use both Home and Ctrl+Home as you said on one web page. But then I went to another page, that is frame oriented. I had my cursor in the frame that I had paged down near the bottom of. Both Home and Ctrl+Home scroll to the bottom of that page, not the top. Curious.

Ryan:Byte Magazine login page with Home key problem.This is the logon screen for the Byte Magazine web site. Unfortunately it is very short and displays almost all in one screen. But it does exhibit the behavior I mentioned. Place your cursor anywhere near the top of the right frame and hit the Home key (or Alt-Home). The cursor will move to the bottom of the left frame. This is the same behavior I get when reading any of Byte's articles. I will admit that once I got this behavior, I never tried the Home key again until you suggested that it worked for you. My home page, www.sfgate.com works fine. It, too, is a frame oriented site.

I found the problem. It is related to the Tools/Options/Advanced option that is labeled: Move system caret with focus/selection changes. If you check this box then the Home (mis)behavior manifests itself. Ryan: thanks for your time and efforts.