CDR media: different ones for recording music??

ScottL

Not a tough question, but no other forum seemed appropriate for this topic.I'm new to burning CDs and was told (a while back) to make sure to get CDRs marked "for music" if I wanted to record music. Any truth to this i.e. do these produce better sound quality , etc?Thanks.Scott

Sounds like a ploy to get you to spend more money... As far as I know, unless you're using a stand-alone CD copier, there's no reason to need to buy Music CD-R's... I've personally never noticed a difference when burning onto a regular CD-R, and even if there would be a difference, usually you can find regular CD-R's very cheap compared to Music ones... Personally, I'd take the extra cash...

And the music ones may not even work in a regular burner. They didn't in my Mitsumi.Music CDR's just means a royalty has been paid to the recording industry, hence the slightly higher price. They are specifically made to work in the standalone music burners (not computers). A normal data CDR will not work in these machines.

Guest LilBambi

Gus --I recently heard someone say the same thing.I never buy the fancy music CDRs since the normal ones work great for data files including mp3 data files. And I haven't had any trouble playing my regular CDRs in even my standard car CD player when I do cda format either.Unless they are gonna pull a switch'aroo on us in the next round of new CD players ... which I wouldn't put past them but I'll burn that bridge when I get to it ;)