Mailing list options

Grasshopper

The quest to learn to build good websites continues...I'm looking for a simple but effective way to set up a newsletter on my website. I've come up with two ways in my bit of research:--Just set up a simple link to an email that I monitor and go that way (simplest but may not be good for those on public computers among other reasons)--Run one of the many, free cgi/pl forms that take care of the handling of information and package it nicely to me (Probably what I want to shoot for but I'm running into some problems due to my ignorance with scripts, configuring the parameters and problems with the host)All I want is a simple "enter your email here" and possibly a duet of radio buttons for text/html email option. Is the cgi/pl option the way to go or is there another way to do this for a script simpleton like me?thanks,tbird

I'm not sure exactly what your final goal will be, but take a look at the guestbook CGI script from this site. You can easily customise this script to suit your needs. One thing you might want to change is not to make people's information public, so just use the addguest.html file and not the guestbook.html page. The guestbook.html you could look at privately.

Guest LilBambi

If you are looking for a way to have folks subscribe and unsubscribe themselves from the mailing list through the website, and give you the ability to send subscribers the newsletter or whatever they are subscribing to directly from your domain, you might try phplist.You do need PHP and MySQL for phplist:You can use it for something as simple as a newsletter or as complicated as CRM. Pretty impressive.