Starting A New Career At Age 70/Central Florida Security Seminar

bob3160

Congratulations, Bob! Have fun but remember to not spend your life on the road!
Thanks,That will never happen. As most of you know, I have too much to live for at home. (Alice) ;)

Thanks,That will never happen. As most of you know, I have too much to live for at home. (Alice) :hmm:
I certainly will. Hopefully some of you on this forum belong to a club interested in a fee security seminar. :hysterical:

Any chance they'd send you to say, central Florida?I think between Eric, Paul, and myself we could get up a substantial 'club'.How does Orlando in February sound?Or Daytona in March?The weather is paradise here December to March.

Any chance they'd send you to say, central Florida?I think between Eric, Paul, and myself we could get up a substantial 'club'.How does Orlando in February sound?Or Daytona in March?The weather is paradise here December to March.
Any place in the US is fine and as you said the weather Fla. at that time of year is something to enjoy. :whistling:

What do you say guys?Could we do this and all meet up?Bob3160 and his wife would really enjoy the weather here in February.Bet we could get the attendee count up there. Advertise at the HeliOS Project, local SLUG meetings/webpage.HCC hosts the SLUG meetings might give us the space.What do you think?

I think it's a great idea. It probably wouldn't be too hard to drum up interest since we have some lead time, and if it's Gasparilla weekend then we can be pretty much assured of available space.

You all obviously already have my vote. :)I've already told Alice to start packing and let our Nephew who lives inPort Charlotte know we'll be in the area.Seriously, please keep me informed and let me know what details you need from me and avast!to make this a reality.

See this topic to get up to speed here. http://forums.scotsnewsletter.com/index.ph...mp;#entry309092Basically, I shot my mouth off and now we are trying to put together attendees and venue for a Free Security Seminar by Avast Ambassador, Bob Gostischa, also well known at Scot's Newsletter Forum as Bob03160.To be held in February, possibly Gasparilla Invasion Week(end).Is anyone here a member of the Suncoast Linux Users Group (SLUG) which meets at Hillsborough Community College, Dale Mabry Campus? If not, I will attempt to get in touch with them and find out if we could schedule this as part of their local activity and use the facilities they use. If that is not possible, I am a Computer Science student at HCC, Brandon Campus. I will check with the dean if we could work this out as a student activity with outside guests and community members. Who knows!Any and all ideas, suggestions, and assistance gladly recieved.

V.T. Eric Layton

Interesting. I'm not a member of SLUG, but I should be. It's one of those things I've been meaning to do. The seminar sounds interesting, too. Sadly, I can't plan on anything that far out, time wise. Due to finances (or lack thereof) and other issues, life for me is pretty much a day-to-day game plan. :)

I was a member of SLUG back in the 90s, but I doubt that anyone there remembers me. On the other hand, I may well know some of them from other venues. I'll ask around.Just for the record, Gasparilla 2011 will be held from Saturday January 22 through Sunday January 30 with the big invasion set for Saturday the 29th. It's not quite Mardi Gras, but it's not so different either. A rollicking good time for folks who enjoy a rollicking good time... :) There's a pretty fair group of geeks around here too. I'll pass the word at work.

@bob03160Has the seminar content been written yet?Is it geared toward tech savvy users or innocent babes?Please let me know as we have at least begun the discussion to bring you to central Florida.

@bob03160Has the seminar content been written yet?Is it geared toward tech savvy users or innocent babes?Please let me know as we have at least begun the discussion to bring you to central Florida.
I'd say more toward the middle of the road users. Not total novices but, the very savvy user may hear something he's heard before.

Bob03160 response here.

I'd say more toward the middle of the road users. Not total novices but, the very savvy user may hear something he's heard before.
Edited by amenditman

And I'll pass the word around campus, maybe even get the college to host for faculty and students.
Thank you amenditman,One of the important parts of this seminar is to make every one aware of just how important good security protectionis for every one using a computer. The more folks this message reaches, the safer every one will be. :hysterical:

Thank you amenditman,One of the important parts of this seminar is to make every one aware of just how important good security protectionis for every one using a computer. The more folks this message reaches, the safer every one will be. :thumbsup:
Has amenditman already chatted with you about the format this presentation is going to take? One session or more than one? Will you need any sort of AV equipment? Perhaps a case of single-malt scotch delivered to your room? :hysterical:

Has amenditman already chatted with you about the format this presentation is going to take? One session or more than one? Will you need any sort of AV equipment? Perhaps a case of single-malt scotch delivered to your room? :thumbsup:
No Doc we haven't chatted. The presentation itself takes about 1 hr. I bring my own supplies. My scotch days are over.  :hysterical: Diabetes and scotch don't make for good company. I'm available for as many presentations as needed to inform as much of the student body that may be interested.

No Doc we haven't chatted. The presentation itself takes about 1 hr. I bring my own supplies. My scotch days are over.  :hysterical: Diabetes and scotch don't make for good company. I'm available for as many presentations as needed to inform as much of the student body that may be interested.
Can we move this discussion about the Central FL group to this thread?http://forums.scotsnewsletter.com/index.php?showtopic=40275Thanks!