My Adventures w/ MS Win 7

V.T. Eric Layton

If he doesn't, I may just compile his notes from here and other sites and write the dissertation for him. :ermm:
Well Eric, if you really like reinstalling Win 7 then I guess you really don't need to create images. :thumbsup: Personally I rate reinstalling from scratch right up there with root canal.Life's to short to spending it installing operating systems from scratch especially with a solution that take minutes to implement.In the situation you describe I would have been back to before the disaster in 10 minutes.

Guest LilBambi

Images are awesome! And free within Windows 7 Backup area, and all you need is an external hard drive to create the image, and a CDR/DVDR to create your System Recovery Disk.You don't have to let Windows Backup do new images with every backup. I don't. Just create them yourself at your leisure.If you need to restore the image, just make sure the external drive is connected and on, boot to the System Recovery Disk and it will prompt you for what you want to do.

V.T. Eric Layton

Well, it's just an experimental installation. I just play with Windows these days. I wanted a Win 7 to play with because family and friends were beginning to ask too many questions about their own systems that I couldn't answer anymore. Sadly, I don't have an external hd to back anything up on; even if I wanted to. Maybe some day. When that day does arrive, I'll check out Clonezilla for sure. I have that site bookmarked. B)