V.T. Eric Layton

OFFICIAL Post Count Padding Thread

keep up the good work, sailor!

are you required to buy and mount the medals too?

We do get a yearly uniform allowance. Generally, the first time you are awarded a medal, you are presented with your own. After that, when you use stars and such, you provide those.

Adam

I am but a poor swabbie....... :P

But the Navy must be like other branches of the armed forces--it's the noncoms that hold it all together. :yes:

Yes,

It's been said that a group of enlisted Sailors could get a ship underway from the pier in an emergency. The same could not be said for a group of officers. :P

Adam

• Like 2

I am but a poor swabbie....... :P

My dad was an S2 during WWII. His ship, the U.S.S. Piedmont (AC-17) was the first U.S. ship to enter Tokyo Bay in preparation for the surrender ceremonies. He mustered out as an S2 in October of 1945. He eventually got a nice gravestone and a letter from President Reagan.

• Like 1

Yes,

It's been said that a group of enlisted Sailors could get a ship underway from the pier in an emergency. The same could not be said for a group of officers. :P

Adam

They have to put the ossifers on board to make the ship look pretty .

Has anyone seen the movie "Potemkin" Food for thought .

The ship crew actions after the takeover were interesting . They reinstated the officers. There are also a set of books "From the two headed eagle to the red flag" They expose a very dark time in history . Shades of which under a different guise are happening today .

The link you give is a remastered version . Not the original

+Securitybreach... Oh, that doesn't work here. Never mind.

So, Josh... you blabberface! You've almost caught up with me on the post count. You already surpassed me in the LIKES department. You're forum prostitute. ;)

QzinaOH.png

• Like 1

Yes,

Adam

They have to put the ossifers on board to make the ship look pretty .

Has anyone seen the movie "Potemkin" Food for thought .

The film was not banned in Nazi Germany, although Himmler issued a directive prohibiting SS members from attending screenings, as he deemed the movie inappropriate for the troops.[9] The film was eventually banned in some countries, including being banned at various times in both the United States and France, as well as in its native Soviet Union. The film was banned in the United Kingdom longer than any other film in British history.

Strange how the fascists allowed their countrymen to see the movie yet those brave defenders of freedom in the west did not. :whistling:

a year later and a thread rises from the dead.

+1

+Securitybreach... Oh, that doesn't work here. Never mind.

So, Josh... you blabberface! You've almost caught up with me on the post count. You already surpassed me in the LIKES department. You're forum prostitute. ;)

QzinaOH.png

You did it, motor mouth, er... fingers, I mean. ;)

7fmRMGO.png

Next ComputerWorld will be overtaking me. When that happens, I'll go hide my face in shame.

ha. zombies!

i've seen chrome plated zombie logos in auto parts houses.