OFFICIAL Post Count Padding Thread

V.T. Eric Layton

Well, it is a bag of crap..... so one should expect a crappy item......

Every Bag of Crap has these rules.....

THE HOLY CRAP COMMANDMENTS v4.0

I. Thou shalt expect nothing beyond ONE bag of some kind and THREE crappy items.

II. Thou shalt probably expect not to even get a Bag o’ Crap at all. We only have enough for about 10% of the people who want them. Thou art probably in that other 90%.

III. Thou shalt notice that “crap” is right there in the title. Thou shalt not complain when it turns out we were telling the truth.

IV. Thou wouldst probably be better off spending thine eight bucks on just about anything else.

V. Thou shalt be assured that Woot hath upgraded its servers and code to minimize errors and crashes. But thou shalt remind thyself that even if those servers did work perfectly, it would simply mean the BoC sold out earlier.

VI. Should thou fail in thy quest for crap, congratulations. Failure is the biggest crap of all.

• Like 1

You have to be on the site for the approximately 3 seconds it is available. They sell them exceedingly fast. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woot#Special_events

Starting in July 2005, Woot began occasionally offering a blind grab bag officially called "Random Crap", in lieu of typical product sales. While today its accompanying picture of a paper lunch bag with a question mark has kept its unofficial name "Bag of Crap", (BOC) it was originally dubbed "Bag of Crap" during the early years of the site when a physical bag of some kind (notebook, iomega zipper bags, etc.) was sold with the 1–3 "craps" and was part of what you were buying.[13] Today, the BOC contains at least three "crappy" items and one bag[14] whose value and quality are not guaranteed, but sometimes expensive items are included. The BOC typically triggers millions of order requests and sells out within seconds, causing server lag and even a server crash.[citation needed] During the January 25, 2011 selling, the website received a record 3.1 million requests, and the product was sold out within eight seconds.

Adam

Cluttermagnet

Pyttipannu aka "happened this past week". Called Beef à la Rydberg in toffish contexts. :hysterical:

899514.jpg

Honey- and men- I have something awesome to reveal to you

Well, go ahead sir...

Two flying saucers have just landed on my plate.

Well, look away, sir- and I'll eat them!

(Firesign Theatre- "Everything You Know is Wrong")

Stop it Urmie- you're making me hungry...

Edited by Cluttermagnet

Cluttermagnet

DSCF1512a_zpsdfdf98f2.jpg

So I don't feel so guilty eating one of those fried thingies later in the day.

Our current version of 'breakfast'.

Yes, you may call me 'Chef Clutter'. Or 'big head'... :whistling:

Edited by Cluttermagnet

Guest LilBambi

You have to be on the site for the approximately 3 seconds it is available. They sell them exceedingly fast. ;)

http://en.wikipedia....#Special_events

Adam

Very cool stuff!

DSCF1512a_zpsdfdf98f2.jpg

So I don't feel so guilty eating one of those fried thingies later in the day.

Our current version of 'breakfast'.

Yes, you may call me 'Chef Clutter'. Or 'big head'... :whistling:

Now that's a wonderful breakfast!

Guest LilBambi

Now that is a true Catch 22 situation.

That town better get on the stick and catch up on it's reading. ;)

Especially in light of this statement:

As the board’s chairwoman noted, "A brown lawn should be a badge of honor because it shows you care about your community."

• 2 weeks later...
V.T. Eric Layton

Hmm...

People didn't take this guy1 seriously --

MtvMIpw.jpg

or this guy2 --

xfFVTM2.png

or this gal3 --

KGoDtbI.jpg

Just saying...

1 - James Holmes

2 - Dylan Klebold

3 - Aileen Wournos

And now they all have their very own Wikipedia entries.

P.S. I'm not here and did not post this. You were just having a bad dream. Go back to sleep now. In the morning, it'll be all better. :yes:

V.T. Eric Layton

In reference to Adam's Low Carb Puppy Chow, allow me to quote Temmu...

how horrible.

sick and horrible.

;)

There are some strange place/location names. In my area there is a River Styx Road--who in their right mind would want that address?

We do get a yearly uniform allowance. Generally, the first time you are awarded a medal, you are presented with your own. After that, when you use stars and such, you provide those.

Adam

Yes,

It's been said that a group of enlisted Sailors could get a ship underway from the pier in an emergency. The same could not be said for a group of officers. :P

Adam

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

I am but a poor swabbie....... :P

My dad was an S2 during WWII. His ship, the U.S.S. Piedmont (AC-17) was the first U.S. ship to enter Tokyo Bay in preparation for the surrender ceremonies. He mustered out as an S2 in October of 1945. He eventually got a nice gravestone and a letter from President Reagan.

• Like 1

Yes,

It's been said that a group of enlisted Sailors could get a ship underway from the pier in an emergency. The same could not be said for a group of officers. :P

Adam

They have to put the ossifers on board to make the ship look pretty .

Has anyone seen the movie "Potemkin" Food for thought .

The ship crew actions after the takeover were interesting . They reinstated the officers. There are also a set of books "From the two headed eagle to the red flag" They expose a very dark time in history . Shades of which under a different guise are happening today .

The link you give is a remastered version . Not the original