OFFICIAL Post Count Padding Thread

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Mine was Tequila Kid. I had a taste for that nasty stuff when I was an adolescent. Soon, I grew up and changed over to Jack Daniels. ;) It was funny, though, because no one called me that on the radidio. They all called for me as TK. Later on that morphed into Technician King because I was doing a lot of CB work out of my house at that time in my late teens/early 20s; some legal, some not. ;)

• Like 1

Guest LilBambi

We loved CB Radio till all the linears stomping all over you, and other rude people started using it with no idea how the give and take of public airways is supposed to be used.

V.T. Eric Layton

We loved CB Radio till all the linears stomping all over you, and other rude people started using it with no idea how the give and take of public airways is supposed to be used.

You should have tried it in a decent sized city like Tampa. Down here, the only way you "got out" to your pal across town was to have a bigger linear, more modulation, and a bigger mouth than anyone else in your vicinity. ;) It definitely devolved into a free-for-all eventually.

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Yup. Obnoxiousness was bad enough at 4 watts output; nevermind 100 watts. ;) Around my area, if you were a real arse, you could expect a visit from some of us late at night. We would hunt them down and go on pinning/cutting coax night missions. We even pulled a few antennas down while the troublemakers were on their radios. Fun times! ;)

• Like 1

securitybreach

Yup. Obnoxiousness was bad enough at 4 watts output; nevermind 100 watts. ;) Around my area, if you were a real arse, you could expect a visit from some of us late at night. We would hunt them down and go on pinning/cutting coax night missions. We even pulled a few antennas down while the troublemakers were on their radios. Fun times! ;)

D***, that sounds like good times....

V.T. Eric Layton

They were wild and crazy times. Every white van driving around the neighborhood was "Uncle Charley" (FCC). We used to have fabulous "coffee breaks" almost weekly. People were quick to help others in that community. I met a lot of good people in the CB community; many of them are still close friends today... 35 years or so later. :)

I had the same experiences in the biker community. :yes:

The only differences were one group rode the airwaves the other rode iron horses. :w00t:

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Indeed, Temmu. During the low points in my life, I occasionally forget that there are actually some good people left in the world. I'm constantly reminded that there are, though... in many different places, communities, and unexpected groups. It's a pleasant surprise. :yes:

• Like 1

Guest LilBambi

malapropism - the mistaken use of a word in place of a similar-sounding one, often with unintentionally amusing effect, as in, for example, “dance a flamingo ” (instead of flamenco ).

nice haiku :yes:

V.T. Eric Layton

It's been so long now that I've forgotten just how this thread got started. I do remember it had a different title and a purpose at one time, though. ;)

V.T. Eric Layton

I just went back and read this entire thread (yeah... I have no life). It was hilarious. I LOL'd numerous times. There are some humorous folks hereabouts. ;)

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

now, isn't that amazing, my post count is up 3200 since this topic was started.

You've been utilizing the tools then, eh?

V.T. Eric Layton

An Aussie joke...

What do you call a boomerang that doesn't return when thrown?

a stick.

:hysterical:

• Like 2