OFFICIAL Post Count Padding Thread

V.T. Eric Layton

Congrats Josh.Eric, nice new siggy. Hey, now you have a great new Linux signature, how about making that graphic a link to the Bruno How-To's. Then it will be real cool Linux.

Edited by amenditman

and without further ado,+1:lol: lol!
Congrats, Temmu.This thread is working out great.79 posts and counting. You have gone up 14 so far. Edited by amenditman

I think, as a sign of reverence, nobody should ever have more posts than Bruno. Maybe delete some old posts if you get close? At the current rate, LiBambi will get close in about 20 years.

V.T. Eric Layton
I think, as a sign of reverence, nobody should ever have more posts than Bruno. Maybe delete some old posts if you get close? At the current rate, LiBambi will get close in about 20 years.
I've thought about what would happen when one of us approached Bruno's post count numbers. Personally, I'll probably retire my current username at 37,903 post. :whistling:
Scot probably has some magic wand that he can wave and up Bruno's post count to a million.
Admins can definitely adjust post counts. I'd rather leave Bruno's as-is and just create a new username should I ever approach that 37,904 post count.

I've thought about what would happen when one of us approached Bruno's post count numbers. Personally, I'll probably retire my current username at 37,903 post. :yes:Admins can definitely adjust post counts. I'd rather leave Bruno's as-is and just create a new username should I ever approach that 37,904 post count.
I am practicing the fade away approach.....

I am practicing the fade away approach.....
Oh noes! :thumbsup: "It's better to burn out.........." - Neil YoungGood to hear from you teacher. You are still an honorary Linux Explorer, even though you've gone over to the shiny side. B) :whistling:

Ok..thought I'd add another for my post count...actually I'm just not that chatty (either with or without purpose or in person either...however, if dumb looks counted...I would lead the pack)

Guest LilBambi

I understand your feelings Eric ... technically, however, the ToS that we sign onto when we become members on the forum prevent multiple usernames.Bruno was an absolutely stellar guy! And he would want us to beat him out on postings now in the spirit of helping each other.

V.T. Eric Layton

Ah.... but I wouldn't technically have multiple usernames. I would retire one and start another. By the way, have you seen how many variations of Scot Finnie usernames we have on this board. HAHAHA! :thumbsup:

Guest LilBambi

Of course, things are a bit different with owners of forums than with members -- he needs multiples so he can make sure how registration, changes, etc. are working for various levels of membership. You likely have several on your own board for that very purpose.

On most forums where I have elevated privileges, I always create a normal user account. That way, when I'm at a hotspot, I log in as a normal user. If anyone sniffs my password, they can't trash a forum because it is just a normal user account.

I've thought about what would happen when one of us approached Bruno's post count numbers. Personally, I'll probably retire my current username at 37,903 post. :yes:Admins can definitely adjust post counts. I'd rather leave Bruno's as-is and just create a new username should I ever approach that 37,904 post count.
No need to create a new Username...just have the Admin reset your count...I did this at another Forum for the very same reasons...

V.T. Eric Layton

Well, I thought about that too, but if I actually ever got 30K+ posts here, I sure wouldn't want to see them reset to zero. :lol: Ah well, it'll probably be ages before any of us have to really start worrying about this. :lol: Julia is the closest, but even she would need 13K+ post to catch up and she's been very scarce lately. Fran is next closest; and at her rate, we'll all have direct access Internet chips implanted in our brains before she gets 34K posts. HAHA! :rolleyes: I think the one we're going to have to worry about is Temmu. And he would be easy to work around. We'll just make a new forum rule that all posts require proper capitalization to be approved. :thumbsup:

He has been here 4 months and already has 10% of your post count, Eric.Maybe you better quit writting that great detective novel and get to work posting here.I know my post average has gone up since I've been unemployable.

Edited by amenditman

The bot "who's" got 25,000 posts on yer two forums, that's "who". :thumbsup:
Maybe, it is just a test ID.A way for Eric to keep his lifetime post count below 34,000.Have any of you actually a shred of proof that this 'ChipDoc' is a real person and not just another of Eric's imaginary friends.