OFFICIAL Post Count Padding Thread

V.T. Eric Layton

Guest LilBambi

Somebody mention my name? ;)Well, won't be hard these days ... I am slackin' ... been too busy of late to do as much posting as I used to. But, I do keep the iron in the fire as much as I can. :D

V.T. Eric Layton

You may be a bit more scarce than usual, but there's still nearly 3K post to catch up on. That's gonna' take me a while. You can't even see me on the trail behind you yet. :D

You're getting a good start on it, ChipDoc.
You only think that because you haven't seen me yammering in other places. When I signed up at the end of September I figured I'd probably have a thousand by Christmas, but I'm actually under 10 posts per day which is pretty slack. Fifteen or so per day is a normal average for me, but sometimes I'll get positively verbose. This is a technical board however, so I don't toss in every offhand comment which crosses my mind. Plus I'm just starting to get to know everyone, whereas I've been friends with many of the folks at Eric's board for a decade or so.Don't worry, as I get more comfortable I'll get a lot more chattery! icon_eek.gif

My post count has gone up substantially just by participating in this conversation.I've been kind of out of it lately. Post-disability stress/depression I think. I'll have to correct that in the near future.

You have been somewhat absent recently. I figured it was just the holidays. Sorry to hear you've had other problems as well, but I've got to say that interacting in places like this is a good way to pull myself out of a bad place.

BOB! Get happy, g_ddamnit! Life is waaaay too short to be wasting any of it. :)
Hear, hear! The options are really depressing. :yes: I've had my share of down, and up is way better.I'm No.32 in post counts. Guess I'm a stayer not a sprinter. B)It amazed me to see how many people who joined the forums have zero posts. About 2600! Edited by sunrat

BOB! Get happy, g_ddamnit! Life is waaaay too short to be wasting any of it. :yes:
I'm working on it.It will be a lot easier once I know what the heck is going on and what will be possible in the future.Always remember, Doctors just 'practice' medicine. I can tell you first hand that even with all the science available, there is a bunch of stuff that is a complete mystery to them.

none of us will catch up to bruno!
Hear, hear. Not only will I lack his post count but even if I studied 20 hours a day about linux, I'll never achieve his level of knowledge!

Poor Temmu... He can't get enough posts just by conversing. Poor guy. We should start a separate thread just so we could have a place to pop in and chat with him. :hysterical:

Which Bob are we talking about?Maybe we should just stick with our 'handles' to avoid confusion because our internet nicknames are so much more identifiable than our 'real' names. :thumbsup:

Edited by amenditman

Eric and I know one another in real life and he always used to get a kick out of the way I called him "Vtel" on the phone :thumbsup:
As in used to, not anymore. Or should we, who want to amuse him, start calling him vtel?

Hear, hear. Not only will I lack his post count but even if I studied 20 hours a day about linux, I'll never achieve his level of knowledge!
I'm right with you Liz. And even if someone ever get more posts than he no one will have the patience and kindness that he had. If I am in the top 20 it's because of all the questions that I asked him. Warning!!! Get ready everyone because I might have a whole lot more coming pretty soon. Love you all!Réjean

As in used to, not anymore.
Used to as in neither one of us gets out to biker events much anymore... icon_e_sad.gifAnd you chat as much as you like, réjean - we're looking forward to it!

V.T. Eric Layton

Biker events? Ahh... the fond memories I have. 'Tis the biker season coming up pretty soon, too. Wish I had a ****** bike... and an income. :thumbsup: