Nilson's Blogger

nilson

From the blog (edited):

Well, I just wandered onto #phpfreaks, and got greeted by people who know what they are doing. I asked how to create a bot and they were talkin about socket. And then I showed them this blogger project and they said anyone can do that. And I said well how many 13-year-olds can, and they were like well, the best dude here is only 15 and age does not matter. And they keep telling me to read the manual, and I have. I just dont' get this, I never did with C++ either.
That's exactly why i never use IRC. There's to many unhelpful rude/mean people that refuse to help. I find it to be a major waste of time. But, if it matters at all, i think the blog is a really nice program :) I know i would have no idea how to even begin making one. Nice to see another teen on the board :teehee: Nice to see more of us here.

I have checked out your blog from time to time to see how you are doing. I knew you were a student but I did not realize you were that young. Way to go. But where is the blog today? Instead of a blog I get your directories for your forum and other parts of your site.

Guest LilBambi

Hey nilson! Don't let 'em get to you! You done great on your blog. :teehee: The IRC is not the best place to be really. Sonic's right. :) ---NOTE: I couldn't get to it right now -- I get a the directory listing but no index page. I hope it's just that you started working on it more and not that someone took you out for saying something about that IRC channel in your blog. :)

No, I'm just playing with it some more. That's all. I had never been on IRC before. I've been back and I guess you just can't let `em get to you and you'll be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Nilson's Blogger (no preview available at the moment) is nearing version 0.10 (higher than 0.9) and is getting multi-user support.It's now going to use sessions as I'm going to re-write the user core of it. I've been working on a small bit of code in login.php tonight, this:

if(isset($_GET['submit']){	$userkey = array_search($_POST['user'], $storuname);	if(!$userkey) header("Location: http://".$installurl.$installdir."login.php".$_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']."&badlogin";	else{   if($_POST['name'] == $storuname[$userkey] && $_POST['pass'] == $storpwd[$userkey]){       session_start();       $user_sid = session_id();     $_SESSION['uname'] == $_POST['name'];     if($_POST['keeplogin']){       setcookie("nilsonsbloggerlogin", $user_sid, (time()+60*60*24*10));        }       header("Location: http://".$installurl.$installdir."index.php?sid=$user_sid");   }   }}

Anyone see any potential security holes here? BTW, the code font needs to be monospace.