html tables question

Grasshopper

I have noticed on a page on which I'm using tables to put banner/links for organizations, lines show up around the tables when the page is viewed in Firebird and they don't (which is what I want...a nice smooth page) in IE. I'm pretty sure it's because I'm doing the editing in Frontpage. What do I need to change in the code to make the tables all-browser-friendly?P.S. Regarding Frontpage, one feature that I just absolutely LOVE is the tabs on the lower left that say "Normal" (used for WYSIWYG working), "html" (for coding) and "Preview". That feature gives me the whole picture. Do any of the other html editors out there have this or something like it?Thanks,tbird

Do you have an example somewhere of what's happening?I'm alittle confused on what's happening. Lines are forming around the tables only in one browser? Sounds like you have the table borders turned on. Add <border="0"> without the brackets into your table tag< table border="0" > I think this can also be applied to single cells or a group of cells too.< td border="0" >

P.S. Regarding Frontpage, one feature that I just absolutely LOVE is the tabs on the lower left that say "Normal" (used for WYSIWYG working), "html" (for coding) and "Preview". That feature gives me the whole picture. Do any of the other html editors out there have this or something like it?
DreamWeaver will do that, and if your looking for something free, try HTML-Kit (it's only code mode though, no WYSIWYG)

Sorry about being vague. I was too deep in my situation and didn't back up enough to ask a proper question.Here's the pageWhen viewed (on my machine at least) with Firebird, the table outline can be seen but it is invisible (which is what I want) with IE.I will try the border equaling "0" when I get a chance. Hopefully that'll solve the problem. Thanks for helping an html newbie. I just wish I had more time to dedicate to learning it better.tbird

I was able to get to it quicker than I thought (baby fell asleep....on mommy... >_< )Setting table border to "0" worked. Thanks. I feel sheepish. I don't think about zero values very often. I think that "1" is as low as it goes, but that ain't true.tbird

Setting table border to "0" worked. Thanks. I feel sheepish. I don't think about zero values very often. I think that "1" is as low as it goes, but that ain't true.
Don't worry about it >_< HTML can be a very frustrating thing. We've all been there ;) Good luck with the site!

P.S.  Regarding Frontpage, one feature that I just absolutely LOVE is the tabs on the lower left that say "Normal" (used for WYSIWYG working), "html" (for coding) and "Preview". That feature gives me the whole picture. Do any of the other html editors out there have this or something like it?
Mozilla Composer. :D

I believe you will find when you install Mozilla 1.5 that the Composer element is included. Both show up on my computer and I did not specifically download the Composer. I started out in the first version way back in the early days of Netscape (10 years ago) and it was embedded back then.

I use Mozilla Composer (currently using Mozilla 1.5, which includes Composer) - have for years. But I don't have a fancy homepage. I also use it to create html tables & links in our soccer webpage. It's hosted at one of those on-line template sites. I save my Excel table (sheet, not complete workbook - that someone else has already created) as html. Open this in Mozilla, go to html source tab, copy & paste into website box. Voila - tables written in html. I also use it for links - it shows me exactly what it will look like before I post. --------------------The non-html speaking Sieb B)