• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jeber

• teacher

• BoardFlak

• pc-tecky

Top Posters In This Topic

::::brings my virtual beer:::::::sits by virtual pool::::Actually that is how I got my nick "FuzzDuckie" LOL....I got it from a virtual pool party on an AOL (shut up) board many years ago. Signed on as a joke to pretend to be a rubber duck for the daughter of one of my friends....and it stuck.Thank you Jeber et al for welcoming me...I feel the love of bad advice already!!

I feel the love of bad advice already!!
Hmmm. That could be something a tad more serious. Better consult your doctor. :whistling:

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: HAPPY SAINT PATRICK'S DAY, HIGHLANDERS :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: And in keeping with the theme of this thread, I encourage you all to wear your nicest purple clothes today and enjoy a big stien of blue beer! :thumbsup:

:::Raises beer:::::pahhy St fappy Day!Errr...Pappy St hatrick's day!Um....Sappy st. trickpat Day...Dang...HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!!!Da beer is settling that "feeling" I had earlier :thumbsup: :luck: ::: grabs a :luck: and :luck: into the pool

JeberHave you been sleeping on the job? What happened? Where is the advice? When did this turn in to a well wishes and greeting card thread???Since the subject has been brought up, do you have any advice on how to celebrate Spring???Julia :)

Guest LilBambi

To quote Monty Python:

I: And what's this one: "Spring Surprise"!H: Ah, that's one of our specialities. Covered in dark, velevty chocolate, when you pop it in your mouth, stainless-steel bolts spring out and plunge straight through both cheeks!I: Well, where's the pleasure in that?! If people pop a nice little chocky in their mouth, they don't expect to get their cheeks pierced! In any case, it is an inadequate description of the sweetmeat. I shall have to ask you to accompany me to the station.H: It's a fair cop.I: And don't talk to the audience!
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22spring+s...=utf-8&oe=utf-8 :rolleyes: :blink: :huh:

Cluttermagnet

Aw, there was a much nicer spring trick, good for Spring pranksters. Remember the one where a rubber band and a short wooden 'propeller' get wound up and then closed between the faces of a greeting card? The idea was to stuff the springy card into an envelope, write the victims name on it in beautiful script, and present it in person to see the expression on their face as they open it. Somewhat akin to the hand buzzer. Such jokesters eventually learn that payback is a terrible thing, however... :) :w00t:

I have a question for the somewhat mighty and mostly knowing Jeber.I just bought a quality ATA-133 shielded IDE cable and installed it into my computer. It made my computer a lot faster, but I was forced to reduce my bus speed.Should I go with the computer speed or the bus speed? I mean it's nice to have a fast computer, but who wants to mope along at a measly 100MHz? :whistling: Perhaps I could raise the threshold of the motherboard temp? How hot should I let my very expensive RDRam get? I think 200 degrees should be fine, shouldn't it? As long as I don't boil it?

You really shouldn't even be messing around with your computer and cables while driving a bus, at any speed. But if you must, drive slowly. You didn't mention attaching the cable to anything, so I can't see how just putting it in your case could affect performance. Perhaps it's become wrapped around something vital, like one of those little blue thingies on the whatchamacallit there in the back. But I suppose you should take it out. You don't need more loose cables inside your computer.If you'd taken my earlier recommendation on the use of a shop vac in cooling your system, you wouldn't be having these heat problems now. I'm unsure if 200° is ok or not. It depends on your system. I will say, though, that if you notice the paint on the computer starting to peel off, you should shut the thing down until you can get the shop vac hooked up.Hope this hel...well, does something for you. :whistling:

Well, that stupid jeber.  I can't believe it.  I did it just the way he said to.  And look at this.
I got a ticket for driving too slow on the freeway. And I had almost made it to the hardware store to buy the shop vac too. Well, I guess I didn't specify that I was on the highway. :w00t: On a side note, the paint I'm using for my case mod is engine block paint, so I should be able to really overclock this thing!Thanks for the advice! Just don't apply to be a driving instructer.

Nice touch temmu. It makes things hard to see, but it would cut down on the glare with a flat paint or make the glare really bad a with a high-gloss paint and further enhanced with a coat of buffed wax. I would use the clear vinyl glossy paint for the best reduction of glare and headaches - oh wait, maybe that's what causes my headaches. Oh I can't remember, you get that with young age. I hope you can see perfectly clear what I mean, it's a beautiful thing after all.Jeber,I have a problem... A few months ago this really ugly lady flashed me a big brite smile (missing all her front teeth - oh, how sexy! hehe) and big adorning hug (that last hug nearly killed me - oh wait, no, it helped me out greatly dislogde... well anyways...). I think I'm in love, or is that in flatuation? ....errr, oh wait that's my heartburn, I always confuse that with imflamation. Well, either way, I'd like to know the best way to approach this fine young lady for her hand in divorce to this hip young 75 year old stud. As I'm curently jobless still at home with the parents and 58 years young, how can I depress this old bag? What should I do first, move into the cardboard box or into my rusty ol' '69 chevy?(ps - half might be true, but none of this stuff is real... :'( >_< :thumbsup: do you really think I'm that old?? lol... maybe I'm only 15... oh wait, that's my shoe size - err, nope, I was wrong on that too...) nothing beats bad advice based on bad information...

:teehee: .... :pirate: ..... :lol:I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm have this strange feeling of "50 First Blind Dates" that comes to mind. The doctor never said anything about memory loss the last time. :thumbsup: :wacko:So... uhmm... how do I get to the doctor? Can the doctor make a house call?

You are correct temmu. Use the deltree command first as it just copies all the files to the directory. Use the format command to initialize the os. And remember that setup just formats the drive. Use deltree and format frequently, especially whenever windows crashes. As you can see, both tools are needed as they perform different tasks.