Really Bad Advice

Jeber

Guest LilBambi

Hey Jeber --That's much better than putting your Baking your Apple in an oven for 20 minutes at 200 degrees right and catching the keys as they pop off so you don't lose them? <_>

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jeber

• teacher

• BoardFlak

• pc-tecky

Top Posters In This Topic

Baking your Apple in an oven for 20 minutes at 200 degrees right and catching the keys as they pop off so you don't lose them
You actually tried this?!?!?!Maybe you should be responsible for this thread. <_<

Guest LilBambi

Jeber --No, I don't have an Apple ... but I read it on the Internet ... so it must be true :)I will have to go and find it again so I can post it ... funny stuff.---Hey everybody!Scot posted a new Welcome Messageand he got the Forum Rules doneYou can check out the message and Rules link here:http://www.scotsnewsletter.com/forums/inde...ct=ST&f=9&t=656

You know the old human nature thing...I read your post then my eyes automatically stray to your avatar and in my (warped) mind I associate the pic with the post. I do this unconsciously...I do most things while unconscious...anyway, I'm getting a cramp in my brain trying to combine the images of a koala with an apple.

jbredmound
You actually tried this?!?!?!Maybe you should be responsible for this thread. <_<
Hey, be thankful that it was just a keyboard, and not a cat or something!You let some of these people have a microwave, and It's Showtime!And Fran is the curious sort, so I can just picture her thinking, "What if....."?So be careful! (And that is Really Bad Advise.)

Guest LilBambi

Temmu --LOL! That was too funny!Now my only question is ... what did you have to buy replacements for; the children or your wife (after eating the weird-tasting tuna casserole)?LOL! :unsure:EDIT: Sorry Temmu!

Edited by LilBambi

now my wife and kids wanted to know why the pc was on the kitchen counter
the children or your husband
Gotcha, LilBambi! Temmu mentions tuna casserole and you presume he's the wife. Hee-hee, he's a he. :unsure: Tuna casserole is guy food (i.e. for everyone)

This brings up a point that was raised a while ago but needs to be restated. Members should fill out their biographies as completely as they're comfortable with, so that not only can we make sure our remarks are relevant, but so that the sense of community is increased. Of course, there's no biography line for male/female, so we'll just have to work that out for ourselves. :unsure:

This brings up a point that was raised a while ago but needs to be restated.  Members should fill out their biographies as completely as they're comfortable with, so that not only can we make sure our remarks are relevant, but so that the sense of community is increased.  Of course, there's no biography line for male/female, so we'll just have to work that out for ourselves.  :)
Does this mean we have to try to figure out what a Jeber is too? Assumptions can be wonderufl. How else can we find reasons for eating crow or whatver the saying is? :D I would edit my sign line to say female but that is too much trouble and would confuse everyone else. Sometimes it is hard to figure out when you meet someone on the street, much less here!I tried filling out my biography info but it would not take my answers - it would not take my date of birth without the year nor could it figure out answers like "haven't touched it in years" for my ICQ number! Sometimes it is just hard to fit a round peg in a square hole," :) or maybe a square peg in a round hole.:D I get confused easily. B)

BoardFlak
This brings up a point that was raised a while ago but needs to be restated.  Members should fill out their biographies as completely as they're comfortable with, so that not only can we make sure our remarks are relevant, but so that the sense of community is increased.  Of course, there's no biography line for male/female, so we'll just have to work that out for ourselves.  B)
Now, before I go and spend a lot of time on this profile-updating activity, let me get this straight: you're saying people actually read the things here? ...and would these be the same people as are taking your advice? :D

OK, I've get 3 test posts under my belt, a test sig, I guess I'm ready to ask for some advise. I've got all kinda computer questions that have been biting me in the ankles for years, but first I need help on how to answer my Dad (68 yrs. and relatively new to computers,less than a year).here's the seq of events. I recently sent out an email from my new work address telling "everyone" that my work address is now functional (had problems in the begining) and that, oh yeah, I opened up an @msn.com address for messaging puposes and I can be reached durning my 12 hour shifts, blahblah......my dad answered back: didn't know you had a messaging address.What is it for? Dad....... what should I tell him? B)

my dad answered back:    didn't know you had a messaging address.What is it for? Dad....... what should I tell him?  B)
Tell him it was a typo and it is the address for a good masseuse. You wanted to make sure he was not suffering from sore muscles!

HumbleOpinion

Ok. See I found some old memory cards that say Compaq (on two of them) and PC-100 on another, and like I need some more memory on my home computer. The PC-100 is really cool cause its red. I used one of the Compaq boards to practice soldering on for a robot I'm building, and then the thought occurred to me, why not put them in my computer. Do you think it would be a good idea, not the solder-practice one (!?) but maybe the other two? Did I mention that one of them is red? If I put them in, where would they go?

beeTee, Teacher's suggestion is good, but since he's already decided it's a messaging service, just go along with it. Tell him you have an answering machine for your email. He writes to that address and the machine records the email so you can read it later. This worked on my 80 year old mom. ;) BoardFlak,

you're saying people actually read the things here?
If your talking about the bio's; yes, absolutely. Many of us check them out before posting, to see where a member is from, how old/young they are, if their ICQ number would be a good lottery number, just generally to learn more about them. If on the other hand you're referring to this thread, at last count 5792 people have read it. Doubt they understood any more than the rest of us, but at least they tried.Stryder, still having problems with that neighbor, eh? ;) That sounds like a great working title to me, but be prepared for your editor to change it before publication. And if they suggest Ann Rule as a ghost writer, start getting worried.HumbleOpinion, are you in your own? ;) Boy, these hardware questions are, well, hard. Red is a nice color, so I'd go with the red ones, No one wants compaq'ted memory. Look for two slots inside your computer that are about the same size as the sticks you have. Try to gently insert the memory into these slots, one stick per slot if there are two empty ones...but if you only have one empty slot, put them both in that one. If they resist, use a hammer or borrow Stryder's shovel, if he's not using it to edify his neighbor. If you have no empty slots, use your Homeland Defense Kit duct tape to mount them to the inside of the top of your computer box. This will prevent "low memory" problems. The computer will sense them up there, and while it may not be able to access them for normal use, it can still use them for long-term memory purposes. BTW, your avatar is bringing on some rad flashbacks. Wowy-zowy! ;)

So my question is this, exactly when does beating him with a shovel and burying the guy in the backyard become ok?
Any time would be OK as long as no one is looking!

So my question is this, exactly when does beating him with a shovel and burying the guy in the backyard become ok?
Any time would be OK as long as no one is looking!
I agree. Timing is everything. About 3 a.m. on a Sunday morning on a holiday weekend should be good.

henderrob

Dig a big hole in his backyard. Then invite out at 3am to inspect this "meteor hole" and then apply liberally the shovel.

jbredmound
How else can we find reasons for eating crow
Oh great! I just got a call form the Audubon society AND PETA, and now we are being watched! Way to hum there, bring Big Bro down on us!How DID Nixon erase those minutes? Can we take it back?

How else can we find reasons for eating crow
Oh great! I just got a call form the Audubon society AND PETA, and now we are being watched! Way to hum there, bring Big Bro down on us!How DID Nixon erase those minutes? Can we take it back?
I think that is called "Edit post" but then again I don't know if it counts as Crow. Wait a minute, this is not the one on naming three groups.....

jbredmound
[i think that is called "Edit post" but then again I don't know if it counts as Crow. Wait a minute, this is not the one on naming three groups.....
I remember "Edit Posts"...had a bluesy sort of Southern sound. Only did one album, I think..."Shovelin Blues"?

BTW, my neighbor just came over to borrow my shovel, is digging a hole in my back yard & invited me to watch meteors at 3 AM. Which meteor shower is going on right now?

Guest LilBambi
BTW, my neighbor just came over to borrow my shovel, is digging a hole in my back yard & invited me to watch meteors at 3 AM.  Which meteor shower is going on right now?
You are in luck! There is one going on! It's the eta Aquarid meteor shower going on through May 12 which is a stream of dusty debris from Halley's Comet that we are passing through.According to SpaceWeather.com, the best time to watch is just before local dawn on Tuesday, May 6th, when the shower is expected to peak. Sky watchers in the southern hemisphere, where the shower will be most intense, could see more than 30 meteors per hour.The timing is close, but depending on where you live, I'd still be concerned about that shovel though :rolleyes:

I'd still be concerned about that shovel though :unsure:
My neighbor swears he's just trying to get rid of the rodent infestation! :rolleyes:

jbredmound

GREAT NEWS! We all need a shower now and then...some more than others.So, I figure, this is a Public Service Announcement from God.

BoardFlak

Jeber: Yeah, I was referring to the profiles. I have been on other boards where no one read them, because I'd make a comment about something on my profile, and no one would know what I meant.HumbleOpinion: I'd really think that memory chip that you've been using for solder practice is the one to use. All those extra connections you've created ought to speed it up quite a bit. Of course, it may smoke a little, but just get a bigger fan for better air flow and you're all set. :)