• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jeber

• teacher

• BoardFlak

• pc-tecky

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, nicht is not. My non-German is even worse than suspected!

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.
That's never stopped me.And notice, "Wovon man nicht sprechen kann..." it says man very clearly in that phrase so that really means that only men have to be silent, not women. :hysterical:I hope I've added to your supply of useless information today.

And notice, "Wovon man nicht sprechen kann..." it says man very clearly in that phrase so that really means that only men have to be silent, not women. :thumbsdown:
Further trivia: the German "man" (note the lower case "m") is a pronoun... a "one-size-fits-all" for "all things passive". In English you'd use one, you, we or they... for enample: man sagt = they say. A male chauvinist pig (aka a man in English) is "Mann" (note the upper case... it's a noun).Furthermore: A bear will attack a man, huh? :devil: :'( The English language doesn't have a GENDER-NEUTRAL word for "human being" (nor does French)... in Swedish, there is "människa", in German "Mensch"... and in Finnish "ihminen". And, finally... when it comes to third person singular pronouns... in Finnish, "hän" is gender-neutral.genderrs6.gif :devil:

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

Umm... trees consume carbon.

I'm confused here. Or maybe you are. ;)

trees do consume carbon (though not as much as most people think) and they can also increase temperature of local area. than again, they can also decrease temperature of local area. tricky thing , trees.

Guest LilBambi

Forests globally, trees locally in communities, and plants/trees in general in our homes help keep the carbon dioxide levels down in the air we breathe.

Question: How do trees make oxygen? - Ask a Scientist - Binghamton University

Since this is a column for really bad advice, I would assume having more people and animals and less plants and trees in the environment would be best. ;)