Really Bad Advice

Jeber

Sieb, when did you move into the watercooler? I'd recognize that anywhere, from getting rid of all that cappuccino.
Now the water cooler has all of the comforts of home! :D -------------------You can take the girl out of West Virginia, but you can't take the West Virginia out of the girl! :P ------------------And yes - that IS the best saying I can come up with. I do much better with pictures! B)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jeber

• teacher

• BoardFlak

• pc-tecky

Top Posters In This Topic

You can take the girl out of West Virginia, but you can't take the West Virginia out of the girl!
If you really wanted to, I believe minor surgery could deal with that affliction. :blink:

You can take the girl out of West Virginia, but you can't take the West Virginia out of the girl!
If you really wanted to, I believe minor surgery could deal with that affliction. :)
Can I watch? This might be a good learning experience. :) :blink: _________________________________Teachers are always students too

If you really wanted to, I believe minor surgery could deal with that affliction. :(
Can I watch? This might be a good learning experience. :( :( _________________________________Teachers are always students too
One should always look for other solutions before resorting to surgical interventions.We once thought that the tonsils were vestigial, but we know know that they are an important part of the immune system.Rashly removing the hillbilly could lead to future problems, including permanent urbanity.

Oops. I forgot we have our resident medical folks on board. Can I still watch?Urbanite - I am not too sure that is possible!_____________________Still Wants to Watch

I'm speechless!!
Uh-oh, I was afraid of this. The "West Virginia" virus has already affected the poor girl's vocal cords. Let's hope it doesn't advance too quickly. Sieb, when you could speak, did you notice any strange effects to your speech. Like a heavy drawl...excessive use of "ya'all"?...did you receive looks of incomprehension from most people you spoke to? We can't afford to dither, jbredmound, I'm going in. You should prep and we'll work this together. I just need to pop my pill to control my palsy and I'll be ready. B)

Guest LilBambi

OR 8, OR 8, there's something about OR 8!* operating room for those who didn't realize that. That was a line from the trailer for a really good Michael Douglas film from the 70s ... can you guess the name?

My roomy says, "Coma". I'm not much of a movie buff. Actually it's worse than that. He tells me that we went to see it in a theater when we were in D.C. in the Army. We were probably a bit wasted, as we often were if not on duty :huh: . Anyway, I do vaguely remember the thing. So do I win credits? :(

My roomy says, "Coma".  I'm not much of a movie buff.  Actually it's worse than that.  He tells me that we went to see it in a theater when we were in D.C. in the Army.  We were probably a bit wasted, as we often were if not on duty  :huh: .  Anyway, I do vaguely remember the thing.  So do I win credits?  :(
How about the "Beloved Wacko of the Water Cooler" award? Are you sure you are not locked up somewhere? I bet those garden pictures you showed up were on the hospital grounds. That or which personality is it that posts here? Is your "roomy" really one of the interns that comes to check on you each hour? Did they give you one of those special pills when you left intelligence? What color was it? I bet they only gave you one color and forgot the other. :( _________________________________Wouldn't Miss a Jeber or a Jeber Post B)

Guest LilBambi

Jeber --Excellent! Your room mate is absolutely correct. And he gets full marks!As Sean Connery once said in one of his lesser known movies (but definitely one of my favorite movies set in the Amazon rain forest):"Full marks, continue..."If you can guess what movie this line is from you can have his full marks too with my blessings ;)Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock...HINT: 42 compounds, 42 compounds.

Jeber --Excellent! Your room mate is absolutely correct. And he gets full marks!As Sean Connery once said in one of his lesser known movies (but definitely one of my favorite movies set in the Amazon rain forest):"Full marks, continue..."If you can guess what movie this line is from you can have his full marks too with my blessings ;)Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock...HINT: 42 compounds, 42 compounds.
Could it be "Medicine Man"?6305428506.jpg

Marty agrees with Quint.

Did they give you one of those special pills when you left intelligence? What color was it?
I took the red pill. Now I'm stuck in the Matrix.

Marty agrees with Quint. 
Did they give you one of those special pills when you left intelligence? What color was it?
I took the red pill. Now I'm stuck in the Matrix.
Okay, now we know the name for one of the extra Jebers. I think Marty must be the sane one. Jeber says he took the red pill, but is he color blind. Stuck in the matrix? Sounds like a coverup to me! :unsure: Some of us have to short of a memory to play the trivia game. Sorry lilBambi - I can't tell you the name or scenes from what I saw two weeks ago. I do know my daughter dragged me to Finding Nemo a couple fo days ago. Fishes names included Nemo. Others - can't remember. :blink: All that trivia knowledge stuck in your head must be why you are so good with computers - you can store all the tidbits away and not forget!

Okay, now we know the name for one of the extra Jebers.  I think Marty must be the sane one.  Jeber says he took the red pill, but is he color blind.  Stuck in the matrix?  Sounds like a coverup to me! :unsure:
So long as he can't copy himself like Agent Smith can, we're okay... The last thing we need is 50+ Jeber's running around... TOTAL CHAOS!!! :blink:

So long as he can't copy himself like Agent Smith can, we're okay...  The last thing we need is 50+ Jeber's running around...  TOTAL CHAOS!!! :unsure:
ROFL! Too funny. Think what that conjurs up? Which persona? I hate to think. Actually it might be fun!_________________________Easily entertained :blink:

Guest LilBambi

Yea! Quint and Marty would be right!(and I think I mixed up the punchline too ... I got to thinking about it and I think it was 39 compounds ... not 42 ... stuck in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy again ... the answer is aways 42!)So Quint and Marty get full marks !!Jeber you need to catch up!OK, let me see....crypto, crypto .... OK ... it's getting hot in here!What movie was Bruce Willis and Alec Baldwin and Miko Hughes in? (Already gave hints :unsure: )

Here's a funny quote from a funny movie... Not too difficult! :unsure: "You know what I do when I'm mad? I hit a pillow. Just hit the pillow. See how you feel." [Gunshots] "There's your f*****' pillow." "Feel better?" "Yeah, I do."

And one more, just for good measure... (Makes me think of our friend Paracelsus whenever I hear it! :unsure: ) "You see, that is why, in general, a mad scientist is less desirable than a garden variety scientist."

And one more, just for good measure...  (Makes me think of our friend Paracelsus whenever I hear it! :unsure: ) "You see, that is why, in general, a mad scientist is less desirable than a garden variety scientist."
"Mystery Man"?

Guest LilBambi
And one more, just for good measure...  (Makes me think of our friend Paracelsus whenever I hear it! :unsure: ) "You see, that is why, in general, a mad scientist is less desirable than a garden variety scientist."
Hey Ryan! Another funny one.How about Mystery Men!Movie Quote Quiz

"I have a bad feeling about this."???????????????????????
What is: All of the first three Star Wars movies?
AND, the first few moments of Episode One!