Notifications???

nlinecomputers

nlinecomputers

Anybody else not getting email notifications. I haven't gotten an emailed notification in over 6 hours about anything on this board. Any body else gone deaf as well?

Nathan,Good observation… I couldn’t figure out what wasn’t right.Yeah it appears that notifications have stopped.The forum settings are correct. There was a report of a server hiccup this afternoon, so Scot may need to contact his host.

nlinecomputers

Well my mailbox got awlful quiet, 'cept for the spam, and the board has been very active today. Glad I could spot the problem. Look for my bill. ;)

Unfortunately I don’t have 100% complete access to the server, and there is a configuration error that is limiting my ability to change the email settings on the board.Scot has been notified, but since he is out of town, it isn’t known when he can respond to this issue.

nlinecomputers

Arena,Is this going to stack up and then get sent or be deleted. I fear that this is going to be a 200+ blast of stacked notifications hiting me on Monday.

Good question, but I don't know.Scot replied saying that he has an idea on what could be causing it, but can’t work on it because he is out of town. However, he said that he would contact his web host when he could and see if it’s a server side email configuration issue.

It appears that email notifications are back… I just got 8 notifications spanning posts yesterday and today. Maybe Scot had a chance to figure out what was wrong. I’ll keep everyone informed if details become available.

WARNING!Your email inbox might get flooded with email notifications over the past couple of days. Overall I've gotten 120 + in less than 10 mins.

Edited by Arena2045

Hi. I was having the same trouble Arena mentioned about Admin changes not taking. It wound up being yet another CMOD problem which I fixed. Arena, you should be able to make changes now in Admin CP. I believe my webhost has been monkeying around with my Linux server for a couple of weeks now, and I think what they've been tinkering with has affected us, even though it's not our volume that is the problem. It would be nice if they communicated with me on this point, but they are not good at that sort of thing.Bottom line: I think things are fixed. I'm sorry about the backlog of emails. I have temporarily switched to SMTP mail, but will be switching that back to PHPMail shortly. I hope things will return to normal in the near future.I know that some of you may be wondering why I don't just switch webhosts. There are very large reasons why switching is a problem right now. I would have to redo the newsletter subscriptions. Or we would have to change the URL of the forums, yet again. Those are our two choices. It took me six months to get the subscriptions working properly early last year. And I don't want to futz with that again. More importantly, I just don't have the personal bandwidth to focus on that problem right now -- this is the busy time of my year, and I'm already overloaded with projects.So, I'm going to stay with my webhost a while longer and hope they straighten out this latest batch of problems. Sometimes the devil you know is better than the one you don't. This is one of those times.If things here don't right themselves, though, I will eventually make the change. I'm not the type of person to just endure incompetence forever. At some point, if SectorLink doesn't get its act together, I will find someone who already does.-- Scot

nlinecomputers

Scot,This was a minor issue. Email flood was only 75 for me. Popfile handled the load just fine all sorted and done with. Problem solved. Thanks for the quick turn around guys!