reasons to not use hotmail

réjean

Hi everyone!We are starting a new farmers' market in our area and someone among us wants to open a hotmail account so we can be reached online. I would prefer to have a gmail or a yahoo account.Can I get some arguments that would show them that something else than hotmail is preferable?

It appears from a few headlines I've read that hotmail is playing catchup with gmail.http://venturebeat.com/2010/05/17/hotmail-gmail/The new hotmail is in beta and will go into public beta this summer. So, logically, it might be simpler to just use gmail which already has the features and avoid the pain of being a beta tester.Note: I don't have hotmail email addresses. I use juno, yahoo, gmail and gmx as my email addresses.

• 2 weeks later...
Why do you have a problem with Hotmail?
I was a long-time user of Hotmail and I thought their SPAM filtering did a horrible job. I used to get tons of SPAM and tried to change/adjust the SPAM filtering and no matter what I did, the amount of SPAM did not decrease. I also think that the look of their website/ user interface sucks. No other word comes to mind. Also last time I checked, the amount of time for account de-activation (for not loggin in often enough) is very short compared to Gmail & Yahoo.

I was a long-time user of Hotmail and I thought their SPAM filtering did a horrible job. I used to get tons of SPAM and tried to change/adjust the SPAM filtering and no matter what I did, the amount of SPAM did not decrease. I also think that the look of their website/ user interface sucks. No other word comes to mind. Also last time I checked, the amount of time for account de-activation (for not loggin in often enough) is very short compared to Gmail & Yahoo.
Poor spam filtering, poor interface, short amount of time for deactivation, those sound like some good reasons to stay away! I have Gmail and Yahoo accounts. I prefer Gmail, less spam than Yahoo here.