Gator sues anti-spyware websites.

Prelude76

Dave PCPitstop

Ibe and Stryder, you both have some pretty good instincts on this. I've posted some detailed stuff on our forums, but really it comes down to the fact that our company doesn't have a business model built around litigation and we'd rather stick to diagnosing and fixing computers. But believe me, we aren't letting Gator off the hook that easily. What you see on our site right now is not our last word on Gator.

Ibe and Stryder, you both have some pretty good instincts on this. I've posted some detailed stuff on our forums, but really it comes down to the fact that our company doesn't have a business model built around litigation and we'd rather stick to diagnosing and fixing computers. But believe me, we aren't letting Gator off the hook that easily. What you see on our site right now is not our last word on Gator.
Hi Dave, welcome to the forum!!!I really appreciate you jumping in on this thread and shedding a little insight on the subject. Thank you very much. And I am sure you are already well aware, you have plenty of people who do support not only your efforts against Gator but the outstanding web site you have so graciously offered to the public. Big fan of your work. Thanks again Dave!!

Welcome, Dave PCPitstop (can we just call you Dave?). I'm sure your insights and experience can be of great use to our members whenever you get a chance to stop by. PC Pitstop has been a valuable tool for many of us, many times. It's one of my periodic maintanence tools, and the info returned is very valuable. Thanks for joining us, and thanks for PC Pitstop.

Guest LilBambi
Way to go Dave! :( We are "wit'cha" and when I say, we're "wit'cha", I mean we're "wit'cha" LOL! (sorry, quote from a movie) B) Very glad you visited this Topic to talk about this. And very happy to hear that this is not your last word on this bane called Gator!So many companies are going through this .... stuff these days. It just isn't right. :(

It is pathetic and sick really. On our school computers, I'll be working on one in the morning, uninstall Gator (along with Bonzai buddy, Save Now, and all the other crap that comes along with KaZaA) -- I don't want my personal profile info being sent to some so-called "business".Anyway, by the afternoon, I can be on that same computer, and have to uninstall the same applications...again! These Duron 750's run like P75's as a result of so much spyware garbage being constantly installed and removed. ...And they're wiped clean each year by the school's techs!...

I always thought of Gator more like "Invasionware"
I always thought of it as "invade-your-computer-and-trash-your-registry-to-crap-until-you-have-to-reinstall-your-operating-system-ware" :w00t: