No menu sound in Firebird 0.7

Amie

I love Firebird, but one thing bugs me slightly. In IE when I right clicked on a link or image etc to get the menu of options, windows would play a sound of my choice (in the Sound applet in the Control Panel it is listed as "menu popup", but everything is silent with the same action in Firebird. All other sounds work normally. There are no entries for FB in the sound applet that I can add a sound to, like with some other programs I have installed which added their own list of events.I know this is very trivial, but I find it spooky working in silence, I like my little noises. B) Can anyone throw any light on this for me.

All I can say is I never even noticed this! I don't have many sounds turned on either here or at work, so this thought never came up!I can verify the problem though as my work computer has a few more sounds on and when a page refreshes in IE, I get the little "click" sound, but in FB, I don't... (Yes I have to use IE, as we've got a very nasty proprietary page setup that we use quite often). I don't know if this is something that will be added or not. I'll peek around the Mozillazine forums and see if there's any info there. B)

Firebird doesn't have any sounds. Maybe there is an extension? It shouldn't be hard at all to implement an extension for this, as you could just call onClick (or w/e the menus use) to execute a function that plays sound. Does anyone know of such an extension? I can ask on MozillaZine as well, and someone will probably make an extension.