Screen Shots

DarkSerge

DarkSerge

hello.Does anybody know of a simple and easy utility that will take screen shots on a Windows XP system?I need something easy for my parents. I know how to take screen shots in Windows, but I need something simple for my parent's to use so they can take screen shots and email them to me in the easiest way possible. Sometimes they have problems or things they can't figure out, and they email or call me about it, but it's hard to solve them when I can't see what they are. If they were able to email me screen captures I could help diagnose things a bit better.

hello.Does anybody know of a simple and easy utility that will take screen shots on a Windows XP system?I need something easy for my parents. I know how to take screen shots in Windows, but I need something simple for my parent's to use so they can take screen shots and email them to me in the easiest way possible. Sometimes they have problems or things they can't figure out, and they email or call me about it, but it's hard to solve them when I can't see what they are. If they were able to email me screen captures I could help diagnose things a bit better.
MWsnap is a nice little freeware program,certainly worth a look

Gadwin PrintScreenhttp://www.snapfiles.com/get/gprintscreen.htmlI've used it on XP SP2 and SP3, Vista 64 and now W7 32. Never encountered any problem with it.BTW:DarkSerge, wouldn't it be a good idea to install TeamViewer? That way you can get into your parents system from a far distance and have a look at it, and when necessary help them. It's an easy way and free for non commercial use. I'm using it and it works great, saves me the hassle of getting over to folks places or them bringing the machine to me in many cases.( see: http://www.teamviewer.com/index.aspx )

PrintScreen2000 gets installed on all my windows computers. It sits in the tray, loaded at startup. Click the print screen key and a window comes up. Click the rectangle icon and the cursor changes into a 4 sided crosshair. Decide the area you want to capture by holding down the left mouse button. When you lift your finger, the program pops up with the capture. You then have the choice to print it out or save it (as a jpg) to post or email to someone.http://www.webtree.ca/newlife/printkey_info.htm

RichNRockville

Alt PrintSCR captures the active windowPrintSCR captures the whole screen.Then paste into word or WordPad and then saveshould do the trick without installing some program.But, I prefer Snagit as it really does a great job.Rich

DarkSerge
Alt PrintSCR captures the active windowPrintSCR captures the whole screen.Then paste into word or WordPad and then saveshould do the trick without installing some program.
Yes, I know how to do this, but I'm working with someone who's not experienced with computers so I'm looking for the simplest way with as little steps as possible since I'm not there to see what's wrong or what they're doing.The TeamViewer that Striker mentioned I think might be worth looking into.

DarkSerge

TeamViewer did the trick. I managed to walk them through a few things over the phone to figure out a few problems, then I had them run TeamViewer and I was able to remote control their computer.I actually don't know how to use remote desktop. Although, they have Windows XP Home Edition, and I don't think that works with Remote Desktop Connection.

• 1 month later...
I actually don't know how to use remote desktop. Although, they have Windows XP Home Edition, and I don't think that works with Remote Desktop Connection.
It does.http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloa...rdclientdl.mspx :)This screen capture program is easy peasy to use once set up."FastStone Capture 5.3 (last freeware version)"http://www.321download.com/LastFreeware/page4.html :teehee: Edited by abarbarian