Tabs shortcut

Grasshopper

Is there a way to set up a shortcut that'll open a set directory in tabs in Firebird 0.7 (e.g. open all comics pages in tabs with a double click of a desktop icon)?tbird and stonegiant

I don't know about a link from the desktop...but you can set those pages as a bookmark (or even your homepage itself)...just open all the links in tabs that you want, go to Bookmarks>Add to Bookmarks...then hit "Bookmark all tabs in a folder"To set them as your hompage, open them all, go to Tools>Options>General and then click "use current pages"Hope this helps ;)[EDIT]Ok after I posted this I tried it...and I didn't think it worked...but the fact is (I use the bookmarks sidebar, so I don't know how the toolbar functions) you have to middle click the folder to open all the bookmarks in a tab...single clicking only expanded the folder. The home page tip should still work just fine though...and you would technically have a link on your desktop, if you have MozillaFirebird.exe on it :) ) [/EDIT][EDIT2]Alright I tried something else...I tried to drag the folder to the desktop to create a shortcut...but I got an error....I don't know why "Not enough storage is available to complete this operation"....but dragging a single bookmark works fine[/EDIT2][EDIT3]Last edit, I swear......but I searched b.m.o to find if this was a problem...and came up with a few possibilities Bug 94465 and Bug 111866...although the 2nd link doesn't really explain much...[/EDIT3]

I've personally never tried it, but if you make a shortcut with a bunch of urls separated by the vertical bar | you should get multiple tabs...ex:

http://forums.scotsnewsletter.com|http://www.scotsnewsletter.com

should open both URLs, one in each tab.Edit - just tried my example and it worked. :lol:

Problem: How do you make a URL that can hold more than 64 or so characters?[edit] It seems that I had to either copy one URL at a time into the one URL or make a text file and copy 64 characters at a time. Since I had already made a text file of the compilation of my comics I wanted to link, I just resized the window for about 64 characters. Then I just copied and pasted line by line. Works great, now. Thanks again [/edit]

Glad you got it! Just as an FYI, using the vertical bar between URLs will also work when you set your homepage(s)... This will allow you to have multiple tabs open with multiple homepages. :lol: