Network Computers not showing

DarkSerge

I just got a new laptop computer running Windows 7 and I have an odd problem.It's randomly not showing all the computers on my network. Sometimes, it shows me all the network computers, other times it will only show me one of them. I have 2 network drives that are connected but sometimes the computer they are networked from does not show up in the network computers (although the drive still work just fine.)Any reason it's not always showing me my networked computers? If I type the computer's location (ex. "\\COMPUTERNAME") in the location bar, I can access it no problem.So it's all functional, it just doesn't always show everything in the Network window.I'm new to Windows 7, I just got my new laptop Friday evening.

Guest LilBambi

I think you will have to give more information. What type of computers are the other computers?Are you still using the "HOMEGROUP" or did you leave the "HOMEGROUP" so you could more easily use Windows 7 to share with older Windows computers or Linux computers?HOMEGROUP works great with Windows 7 computers sharing with one another, but not so well if you are trying to use it with olders Windows or Linux computers.

My other systems networked to this Windows 7 system:Windows 2000Windows XPPC Linux OSI had the homegroup enabled, but I have disabled it. I am currently not in a homegroup.Right now, they are all showing. Earlier today on my first startup they weren't.It's not causing any funtional problems, I can still access network drives, they just don't show up in the computer list for some reason and I just found it odd.

Edited by DarkSerge