Thunderbird Bug?

Prelude76

anyone else notice a bug in Thunderbird 0.3 where when you click SEND, it takes like 20 seconds before the message dissappears and its actually sent. And this is for small text-only emails.I noticed it in 0.3, first at home, and now at work too. anyone else experiencing this? p.s. - at home and at work, it's using different SMTP servers, so i doubt its at the server end of things thats bogging down.GolfRMPro, can you check bugzilla if there is a report of something similar?

This has pretty much been the case for everything I send... don't think it takes quite 20 seconds, but it does take awhile. Don't know about a bugzilla report or not (don't have time to search right now)

I did a search and found Bug 123574, it may be what you are referring to, although it is in Mail/News, not Thunderbird and on Mac OSX...but maybe there is a regression (it appears to have been resolved by the fix for another bug)?

i'll put Thunderbird 0.2 back on, send a few emails, then put 0.3 back and try it again. if my hunch is correct, its a 0.3 bug and though not a show-stopper, its definately aggravating, especially when you send lots of emails.

Guest ThunderRiver

It does make me wonder though. Is this really a bug? I thought it takes time for the client to communicate with the SMTP/IMAP server before sending out an email? The waiting time for Outlook Express is about 10 sec or more especially during the time of busy server.

The difference being that outlook dumps it to the outbox while sending (removing the message window from your screen), while Tbird doesn't use an outbox and just leaves the window open while sending.

Guest LilBambi

Hmmmm, that's weird, in Win98SE, no problems sending messages quite quick in fact, BUT...I did find a bug that is at least as big as far as I am concerned ..In the last release they finally got the AddressBook, Advanced (search) fixed (at least in Win98SE), and now it hangs again. :blink: I had come to really depend on that in the short time I've been able to use it, because that was one of the very few things I had still been missing from OE days. Until today when I updated thunderbird, I was able to search for phone numbers, and other non-name, email items in the AddressBook. Sigh...I hope they fix that quickly too.

update: i guess its not a bug. i downgraded to 0.2 and it still does it. after a bit of tinkering, i found out its my new updated firewall that is causing it to 'bog down'. i disable firewall for a bit and it sent emails instantly.weird. gonna have to check thru firewall settings and see if i can open up my smtp 25 port or something.anyways, back to thunderbird 0.3. false alarm bug. :rolleyes:

Guest LilBambi

I submitted the one bug that I found to Mozilla folks so they know this is happening (Advanced button not working in the Address Book at least in Win98SE).Hope they get to it real soon B)