Firebird 0.7 and mozilla 1.5 is out!

Keegan

What, precisely, is Mozilla?  I use Thundirbird and Firebird, but there seems to be a separate download called Mozilla.  Is Mozilla a suite of both?  Is there any added content?
stick with firebird/thunderbird. its based on new underlaying technology that is much faster than the old mozilla. However, since Firebird and Thunderbird still in pre-beta stages, possibly up to 6 months away from completion, their keeping official Mozilla (which has both a browser, email and a web design tool built in) for those who prefer stability over new technology.Eventually, in the future, the Firebird/Thunderbird code will replace the old browser/mail code in Mozilla Suite. Originally, it was supposed to happen around 1.5 or 1.6, but my best guess would be Mozilla Suite 2.0 or around there, maybe by next spring or summer. The guys at mozilla.org want to make 100% sure Firebird and Thunderbird are at least as stable and feature-rich as current Mozilla 1.5.If you have no problems with Firebird/Thunderbird, i suggesting sticking to it, as you'd probably not like the look and feel of Mozilla 1.5 (feels like old Netscape in many ways, which its derived from). However, if you want to load a rock solid browser / email program to some client or relative that is still stuck in IE / OE, you might want to suggest to them Mozilla 1.5, as it includes a spell checker, more compatible themes, stability and an installer. (explaining to newbies how to unzip and copy/paste Firebird folder can be a bit counter-productive) :D

(explaining to newbies how to unzip and copy/paste Firebird folder can be a bit counter-productive)  :D
Ahh... this will all change by the 0.8 release :D The official installer is targeted for 0.8, so I'm guessing we'll see it before too long. :D There are already unofficial ones that work quite well. :D

I love the whole idea that you don't have to install it, I sure hope they keep that as an option :D It is a true beauty of portability and can run it from anywhere without installing it. What is so hard about right click on the downloaded file and selecting extract here?

I love the whole idea that you don't have to install it, I sure hope they keep that as an option  B) It is a true beauty of portability and can run it from anywhere without installing it.  What is so hard about right click on the downloaded file and selecting extract here?
Yes, it'll always be an option :( A lot of folks (even devs) didn't even want an installer developed, but one is underway - supposed to be complete with 0.8.

woah, found out a bug thats actually been fixed in 0.7 final.  it actually remembers web site icons listed in your bookmarks!  :blink:
Don't speak too soon. I thought that at first, but now it's behaving the old buggy way. It could be I'm still using the same profile. Might have to look at starting with a clean profile. :(

Don't speak too soon. I thought that at first, but now it's behaving the old buggy way. It could be I'm still using the same profile. Might have to look at starting with a clean profile. :(
that might be, coz my firebird profile got NUKED by that bloody Mozilla SUnbird. :blink: hmm, maybe it was a GOOD thing then. :w00t: