• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V.T. Eric Layton

• securitybreach

• Urmas

• cybormoron

securitybreach
digged, dotted, tweeted, and tumbled, did we miss any? :hysterical:
What is dotted? You mean Slashdot? Never heard that one but I have heard about the Slashdot effect. Webmasters hate that one ;)Hmm what to use for Reddit? Reddited just does not sound right.

V.T. Eric Layton

HAHAHAHAHA! Too many nouns getting verb'd. I'm in tears. FUNNY! :hysterical:Thanks for all the help, folks! In the near future, I'm going to be featuring Scot's - BATL in a blogpost over there... a little history, what we do here, etc. Try to drum up some new members, you know. ;)

securitybreach
In the near future, I'm going to be featuring Scot's - BATL in a blogpost over there... a little history, what we do here, etc. Try to drum up some new members, you know. ;)
Sounds great Eric!! The more the merrier

V.T. Eric Layton

What is the Linux community coming to? I posted a link to my blog on Delphi Forums --> Got Linux? (Sue knows the place I'm talking about) and Becca over there deleted my link and posted:

Sorry, we don't allow advertising in here.
My reply to her was:
You mean a link to a Linux blog that has information for Linux users is advertising? I thought it was "community" and "sharing" of knowledge. I'm sorry you guys felt this way about my blog. Did you even read any of the posts?Regards,~Eric
Sheesh! ;)

V.T. Eric Layton

Update:OK, Becca definitely lived up to the level-headed, fair moderator that I've always thought she was at that forum:

A) You posted it in the "off topic" folder. ;) You made it sound like something for sale.If I am mistaken about your site, repost it and I'll look more closely. ETA: I'm just trying to do my job to keep things on the up-and-up here. I'm not trying to make things painful for anyone.
My reply to her:
1213.5 in reply to 1213.4 I'm not very active here these days, Becca, but you may remember me from the old MS Win forums at About. These days, I'm very involved in Linux and the Linux community.I am an administrator at Scot's Newsletter Forums - Bruno's All Things Linux:http://forums.scotsnewsletter.com/index.php?showforum=14I'm a regular contributor at the Linux Foundation's Linux.com community:http://www.linux.com/communityDue to my coming in 18th out of 50 in the Linux.com Guru contest in 2009, I was invited to become a featured blogger at Chris Pirillo's Lockergnome site. Yes, I do share revenue with Chris P. from Google Adsense on my blog. However, that's not the main purpose of the blog. It's to share my knowledge (give back some to the community) of Linux and to entertain a bit.I guess technically I was in violation of policy here at Delphi. It's yall's forum, of you still feel that is the case after seeing my blog:http://www.lockergnome.com/nocturnalslacker/Please feel free to delete the above link again and I'll understand.Thanks for the comeback and explanation.Regards,~Eric
So, that's cool. ;)

V.T. Eric Layton

Update:

I went and looked. Nice blog you've got there; the link stays as far as I'm concerned. Sorry I removed it before I checked it out before.
My reply:
That's OK, Becca. I'm a forum owner, admin, or mod in numerous places. It's a dirty job, some of us have to step up to do it. You done good. I would have wondered if the original posting was SPAM too if it had popped up on one of my boards. I used a bad choice of words in the first post here.Toodles...Oh, going to be featuring the Helios Project (cheap Linux computers for needy children) and some other interesting stuff in the next few days. Stop on by if you get the chance. ;)
All's well with my world... except my tooth is still screwed up. ;)

Guest LilBambi
Awesome! You posted the Easter Egg Hunt! I love that story! Hope you will post some of your others in time!

V.T. Eric Layton

Yup. I'll dig up more of my archived musings. Someone suggested that I start posting my detective novel as a serial, but it's currently half of what will be a 300+ page book once its finished. That would be a LOT of blog posts. :hysterical:

Guest LilBambi

Sorry, I posted a comment before but now it won't let me post. I click on the Add for comments, and it doesn't go anywhere in Firefox. :(

V.T. Eric Layton

I believe Lockergnome is having server issues of some sort. Pages won't load for me. When they do, they're not complete. I guess they'll fix it eventually. Probably running MSSQL software. :(

V.T. Eric Layton

I'll send you a copy. Sadly, I wrote the entire first half (over 150 pages) in just a few weeks back in '06. A new job interrupted my muse and I haven't been back to it yet. One day I hope to finish the darn thing. :thumbsup:

securitybreach
I'll send you a copy. Sadly, I wrote the entire first half (over 150 pages) in just a few weeks back in '06. A new job interrupted my muse and I haven't been back to it yet. One day I hope to finish the darn thing. :thumbsup:
Finish it!! I always love a good book especially if someone I know wrote it. :thumbsup:

V.T. Eric Layton

Oh, and just for funzies...Don't forget to click on my sub-pages:th_blogshot-01.png*click for bigger pic