• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V.T. Eric Layton

• securitybreach

• Urmas

• cybormoron

V.T. Eric Layton

Hey! MAJOR COOL, folks! I got my first link on a major site... Linux Today! How cool is that? They linked to my recent Get Slack! article --> http://www.linuxtoday.com/infrastructure/2010042900835OPSLSWYippee! :( I know. I know. It ain't nothing special to you veteran bloggers out there, but it's cool as H3LL to me. Wish Bruno was around to see how his Slacker student is turning out.

Guest LilBambi
Hey! MAJOR COOL, folks! I got my first link on a major site... Linux Today! How cool is that? They linked to my recent Get Slack! article --> http://www.linuxtoday.com/infrastructure/2010042900835OPSLSWYippee! :w00t: I know. I know. It ain't nothing special to you veteran bloggers out there, but it's cool as H3LL to me. Wish Bruno was around to see how his Slacker student is turning out.
Congrats Eric!!! :whistling:

V.T. Eric Layton

A bad day in blogville...Due to... uh... unforeseen things with a large corporate entity, I no longer will be receiving any revenue from my blog over at Lockergnome. Sadly, this pretty much takes the thrill out of it. I don't know how active I'll be there in the future. I will be posting the last two parts of my serialized story, Pieces of Nine, though... for those of you who are reading that one.It was fun while it lasted...Thanks for your support.~Eric

Guest LilBambi

How depressing...and sad that they would treat their bloggers that way. :(So glad you finish the Pieces of Nine though :P

V.T. Eric Layton

Don't misconstrue what I posted above as regarding Chris Pirillo or Lockergnome. Chris has treated me very well... and is not limiting my ability to continue blogging on his site at all. The "large corporate entity" is referring to the company I had signed on with to share ad revenue. They did nothing wrong either, really. There was an issue that was a violation of their TOS. They MUST protect the integrity of their system, so I don't hold what happened against them at all. Sadly, blogging as a not-for-profit operation is not going to thrill me in the same way as the for-profit version did. I'll continue to post an occasional article there, but I won't be committing to two per day anymore. Oh, and I promise to continue the Pieces of Nine story to its conclusion (two more parts left), for those of you who were reading it.Off I go...

• 5 months later...

Just finished your series Pieces of Nine, it was a fun read thank you. When I was younger i read a lot of mysteries and there seemed to be a lot of secret passageways, still think it would be cool to have one :)

V.T. Eric Layton

On a side note, Chris Pirillo from LockerGnome gave me his OK to place a donation button on my Nocturnal Slacker blog on his site. He's also going to work on some way to get my Google AdSense account straightened out. COOL, huh?

Just finished your series Pieces of Nine, it was a fun read thank you. When I was younger i read a lot of mysteries and there seemed to be a lot of secret passageways, still think it would be cool to have one :)
Thanks for reading, Rolana. I didn't get a chance to cobble together a Halloween story this year. :whistling:

Guest LilBambi
On a side note, Chris Pirillo from LockerGnome gave me his OK to place a donation button on my Nocturnal Slacker blog on his site. He's also going to work on some way to get my Google AdSense account straightened out. COOL, huh?
That's great news Eric! :)

V.T. Eric Layton

And I've consolidated my "stuff" into one nice little web page that I spent most of this afternoon creating. It's in my siggy... check it out. :) Does it load/look OK in your browser? Let me know. Thanks! :whistling: