Eric Blogger?

V.T. Eric Layton

Sorry, I posted a comment before but now it won't let me post. I click on the Add for comments, and it doesn't go anywhere in Firefox. :whistling:
This is what's happened for me every time I've tried to comment so far.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V.T. Eric Layton

• securitybreach

• Urmas

• cybormoron

V.T. Eric Layton

Hmm... Blocking software? No Flash installed? Try clicking on the story link and then scrolling all the way down till you see the comment box. By the way, email is required, but not published. Only I can see it. It's to prevent bots from posting.

Hmm... Blocking software? No Flash installed? Try clicking on the story link and then scrolling all the way down till you see the comment box.
Looks like it's just the "add" on the main page that doesn't do anything here. Clicking on the story link and then scrolling down to the comment box works.

V.T. Eric Layton

That ADD button doesn't work for me either... in FF, Opera, or Seamonkey. Must be some sort of Linux thing. ;)

Guest LilBambi

Or Mac thing too ... in other words, the site must be built for Windows IE. Sigh...At least if you we click on the heading like saturnian mentioned, you can get to the area. Must have been what I did the first time and just didn't realize it.

V.T. Eric Layton

I'll make a note to email Chris P. or Bob Fogarty over there and ask them about that ADD button. According to it's properties, it's just a link to:http://www.lockergnome.com/nocturnalslacker/#respond Here's the actual HTML for that button:

<a href="#respond" style="color: red" title="What do you think?">Add</a>

V.T. Eric Layton

It's funny. I had that Chocolate Covered Aspirin post written about three days ago. I was just waiting to find a place to stick it in for filler. Seems that it's the most popular post I've written so far, based on tweets/retweets/responses. Odd, huh? You just can't predict what might take off like that, I guess.

Looking good. I need to get off my duff and update mine before Chris shuts them down due to neglect. An amazing range of people read Lockergnome blogs. I've gotten comments from people I was surprised were reading them.

V.T. Eric Layton

Cool! You're on my Links page, Jack.Speaking of responses... I posted a response to your blogpost about Cleo. It never showed up. :(And Fran, for some reason I can't reply on your blog even with my Wordpress login. :(=====Newest articles on my blog:Fresh Cut Grass, the Buzz of Bees, Baseball!R.I.P. – Recovery Is Possible by Kent RobottiThanks for reading! :)

Guest LilBambi
And Fran, for some reason I can't reply on your blog even with my Wordpress login. :(
That's funny, the spammer seem to be able to post LOL!Will check into it Eric. :)

Guest LilBambi

Is your WordPress account via your own domain or on WordPress.com? Everything is set fine and others have posted. I have it set for Admin Moderation so it doesn't show up right away. But I get them approved as soon as I possibly can.

V.T. Eric Layton

Chris Pirillo at Lockergnome changed that Add button to make comments. Now you can see one called Thoughts? This one does work when you click on it. I tested it. :)

V.T. Eric Layton

Yup. All comments await my approval. I saw yours. Thanks. Oh, and I'm not really complaining. There are folks who are a LOT worse off than I am. At least I have a roof over my head and transportation. My brother doesn't even have that... he's living in a small spare room at my uncle's and only has a bicycle for transportation. Two years ago he was a multi-millionaire with two planes, numerous condos and homes, motorcycles, a Porche, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
V.T. Eric Layton

Could someone using anything other than 1440X900 resolution post a screenie of my blog main page for me, please? I'm just curious to see what it looks like. Thanks! <_>

Could someone using anything other than 1440X900 resolution post a screenie of my blog main page for me, please? I'm just curious to see what it looks like. Thanks! <_<
Here it is at 1920x1200:Eric.JPG

Guest LilBambi

Here ya go Eric, here's a few from my Mac using Paparrazi! and SnapNDrag (from Firefox). Hope it helps.Nocturnal Slacker Screenshots (saved at 100% so you can see detail well):full page snapshot at 1024x768 - shows no sides when fullpage snagged (link only due to size 1.3MB)screenshot showing no horizontal scroll bar at 1280x1024 even at fullscreen (link only due to size 1.2MB)screenshot showing no horizontal scroll bar at 1280x1024 - not fullscreen but still wider than I usually have browser window (link only due to size 996KB)NOTE: I normally read your articles in an rss reader because of the the way LockerGnome handles their pages, except when I want to make a comment on your blog! <_ hate to see someone on dial up trying load anything lockergnome thankfully i am not still dialup but limited due wireless internet provider love the new background got whole thing from mac above>

V.T. Eric Layton

Hmm... thanks, folks. Seems my background only looks good at 1440X900. I may have to turn off the y-axis repeat, I think. :hysterical: