HTML Icon

DarkSerge

HiOdd happening recently.HTML files are only displaying the boring system default icon. They are associated with Firefox, and I've tried going into Folder Options > File Types and manually setting the icon, but they won't show any icon other than the system default.I think it started around the time I uninstalled MS Office and switched over to OpenOffice.org

Maybe this one helps:http://www.uninets.net/~blaisdel/RegTweaks.htmScroll down to:Default Icon for HTML documents refuses to change with Folder Options | Change IconThere's also some sort of solution posted athttp://www.greyknight17.com/bb/index.php?topic=3334.0Scroll down to the post from 'faithbible';I don't know if it works for you, but whatever you do backup first!And: I'm not a fan of these so called registry cleaners, I tend to not even touch them with a ten feet pole.

Hello,It has been a while since I've worked with Microsoft Windows XP, however, from what I recall, it sounds like your icon cache has become corrupt. Try searching your computer for a hidden file name named ShellIconCache or IconCache.db and then rebooting to recreate the file. Once you log back on to the system you should have the correct icons for all of your file associations.Regards,Aryeh Goretsky

i deleted the .html and .htm extensions from the system in the "file types" tab in the folder options, and re-added them back in. When associated with Opera, it'll display any icon I want it to. When I associate it with Firefox, it will only display the default icon. Strange. I'm leaving it associated with Opera.

From one of my left over XP SP3 machines: the registry entries.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.htm]"PerceivedType"="text"@="FirefoxHTML""Content Type"="text/html"[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.htm\OpenWithList][HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.htm\OpenWithList\notepad.exe][HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.htm\PersistentHandler]@="{eec97550-47a9-11cf-b952-00aa0051fe20}"[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.html]"PerceivedType"="text"@="FirefoxHTML""Content Type"="text/html"[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.html\PersistentHandler]@="{eec97550-47a9-11cf-b952-00aa0051fe20}"
Copy and paste the above in notepad, save it on your Desktop as restore.reg, right click on it and select Merge.