Disappearing Font

SubMariner

I just opened up a couple of my documents today & found that a font that I've had ever since we got Office 2007 has disappeared. It is now gone from Word and Publisher.The font is Blue Highway. It's no longer on the dropdown menu, or in any of my documents. Unfortunately, it's a font that is used in our company logo, so this is VERY disturbing.This is the message when I opened up the file for our return address labels:Publication name:C:\CA Files\Publisher\MBO Labels.pubEmbedded fonts:Embedded fonts with license restrictions:Fonts neither on the operating system nor embedded:Blue HighwayHuh? This font was installed with our programs, directly from the original disc. All of a sudden it's gone? WTF? Could it have been removed during a MS Update?Do I have to re-install Publisher & Word from the disc, or is there someplace that I can dl this font to work within those two programs?It's VERY perplexing!Thanks,

You can download it at:http://www.dafont.com/blue-highway.fontUnzip it, move the fonts to the fonts folder in Windows and I think you're all set.Or the alternative way:select all fonts from the unzipped package, right click on the selection and choose 'Install'. That also takes care of it.I've checked it and after the install they were available in Word 2007. I don't have Publisher to check, but I assume the fonts will be available in there also.I've used the alternative way.

You can download it at:http://www.dafont.com/blue-highway.fontUnzip it, move the fonts to the fonts folder in Windows and I think you're all set.Or the alternative way:select all fonts from the unzipped package, right click on the selection and choose 'Install'. That also takes care of it.I've checked it and after the install they were available in Word 2007. I don't have Publisher to check, but I assume the fonts will be available in there also.I've used the alternative way.
Thanks for info.However, I'm wondering WHY this font (and Neuropol as well, I've subsequently discovered) have suddenly disappeared from BOTH Word & Publisher. I have a sneaking suspicion this has something to do with recent "Updates" that MS has done in response to the lawsuit that is out there about xml. I believe they have "fixed" their problem by going in & removing stuff from my legitimate installs of Word & Publisher without my knowledge or consent. :)

I don't know how it happened SubMariner, but I didn't have the font either. So in these cases when I need a font I don't have I fetch them from the net from reputable sources. Did you make a backup of the Blue Highway font ? If not better do so now, you'll never know.

I don't know how it happened SubMariner, but I didn't have the font either. So in these cases when I need a font I don't have I fetch them from the net from reputable sources. Did you make a backup of the Blue Highway font ? If not better do so now, you'll never know.
<heheh> Well the fonts have yet to be installed, but are currently sitting in 2 different areas on my hard drive. :thumbsup:

<heheh> Well the fonts have yet to be installed, but are currently sitting in 2 different areas on my hard drive. ;)
Ok, update:I tried simply unzipping the fonts & moving them to the Windows Fonts subdirectory, but it kept insisting that it didn't recognize certain things (came up with chinese characters and just the number 6). So I tried your second method which worked perfectly. :thumbsup: By way of test, I opened all the docs in Publisher & Word that I previously mentioned, and they came up just as they did prior to this problem.Again, many thanks for your sage advice. Very much appreciated! :D

Hello,I downloaded the Blue Highway font that Striker provided a link to and read through the Read Me file that came with it as well as looked at the properties on the BLUEHIGH.TTF file. It appears to be copyrighted in 1998 by Ray Larabie of Larabie Fonts. Are you certain the font was a part of Microsoft Word? I don't recall seeing it before (not that that means much).Regards,Aryeh Goretsky

Hello,I downloaded the Blue Highway font that Striker provided a link to and read through the Read Me file that came with it as well as looked at the properties on the BLUEHIGH.TTF file. It appears to be copyrighted in 1998 by Ray Larabie of Larabie Fonts. Are you certain the font was a part of Microsoft Word? I don't recall seeing it before (not that that means much).Regards,Aryeh Goretsky
I only have MS Word & Publisher. Up until this particular instance, I have never dl'd fonts.So yes, it was part of my original install of MS Word & MS Publisher 2007.

I've been reading about disappearing fonts. See if this helps:

Go to format, font and take the check mark OFF of the "show only web fonts" box. Apply then they will show up!

I've been reading about disappearing fonts. See if this helps:"Go to format, font and take the check mark OFF of the "show only web fonts" box. Apply then they will show up!"
With all due respect, how about more information? Like WHERE this operation is supposed to be performed? Frankly, I never checked any box anywhere that said "show only web fonts". Furthermore, why would the fonts suddenly disappear when they were there before? It's obvious they were removed from Word & Publisher if documents that contained them suddenly didn't have them in there anymore.Also, as I mentioned before the fonts were not in the Fonts directory either.

Hello,In that case, I am going to guess that it came with Microsoft Publisher, as I am not particularly familiar with that application (or the fonts which which it ships).Regards,Aryeh Goretsky