Dearest Friends, Students, Admirers of Bruno Knaapen...

V.T. Eric Layton

I am so glad that others are finding the words to express what so many of us felt about Bruno. The world is a little less brighter right now. What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.Albert PineBruno you will be missed!!

V.T. Eric Layton

What has amazed me today is the number of hits on Google when searching for "Bruno Knaapen". It's amazing the influence that Bruno had on members (and some non-members) of the Linux Community. I'm proud to have known him and I'm sure his family would be proud beyond words if they knew the full extent of Bruno's legacy.

Sad :) It's just a box of rainI don't know who put it thereBelieve it if you need itor leave it if you dareBut it's just a box of rainor a ribbon for your hairSuch a long long time to be gone and a short time to be there

i am saddened by the loss of our friend and mentor, Bruno.i trust he will rest in peace.
Yep, me too Temmu. I'm sure that goes for all of us here.It was a black saturday for me (us) so to speak, and still I'm upset. You know Bruno was one heck of a man, I remember studying for my linux course way back then.Tell you what: all I needed to know was right here available at one of the known threads, and Bruno made it, single handed, at no cost. Did I know!!! And he learned me a couple of tricks for the exam too. Man, I still don't grasp this, the loss of our leader that is. Yes, I have to accept it, I know. But it's not easy, only time will tell. And no, I too never met Bruno personally, I wish I had!

Yep, me too Temmu. I'm sure that goes for all of us here.It was a black saturday for me (us) so to speak, and still I'm upset. You know Bruno was one heck of a man, I remember studying for my linux course way back then.Tell you what: all I needed to know was right here available at one of the known threads, and Bruno made it, single handed, at no cost. Did I know!!! And he learned me a couple of tricks for the exam too. Man, I still don't grasp this, the loss of our leader that is. Yes, I have to accept it, I know. But it's not easy, only time will tell. And no, I too never met Bruno personally, I wish I had!
This saddens me.......God Bless you Bruno. May god bless you

Hello,I too am sad to hear the news about Bruno.He is someone I have never met, but someone I will always remember.The Linux comunity suffers a great loss.Sympathy to his family and all his friends.jmjlinux586BTW,I joined Bruno's All Things Linux Group.

HelloVery sad to see this news.I owe Bruno a great debt: he never even knew how much he helped me: that is a mark of the pure teacher.Regardshttp://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=227937

http://forums.scotsnewsletter.com/in...p?showforum=14Direct Link to Scott Finnie's Linux Forum.A busy Linux forum with useful how to's and introduction sections with reviews and installation tutorials in the 'sticky' section.

A man's greatness is estimated by his influence, not over the votes and empty cheers of a changing and passing crowd, but by his abiding, inspiring influence in their bidden thoughts, upon their ways of thinking, and consequently of acting...L.E. Blaze (1926)Go with God, Bruno.

BrunoWherever you may be now --->>>"MAY THE BLESSINGS BE" Just like the many blessings your solutions provided us all in this YOUR forumCheers for YearsColin :yes:

Cluttermagnet

Bruno- Thank you, Dear Friend and gentle spirit.

clutter2007c.jpg

Behold- the tree of Linux has been planted in my heart and mind...and it grows!

Apparent magic :sorcerer: turns out to be but a work of the heart...

and you had a very big heart. :star: . . . . . :star: . . . . . :star: . . . . . :star: . . . . . :star:

Edited by Cluttermagnet

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hear of Bruno's illness and passing. He helped me long ago when I first started out in OpenSuse. I am also a cancer patient, so I understand the value of having choice and control over your own passing. God Bless Bruno and his family.

• 4 weeks later...

I apologize for bringing this thread back up again but wanted to say my condolences to Bruno's family and to all that knew him.I only recognize the name in passing from years past when I used to be a fair regular on these boards- I haven't been around very much in the last few years (Online Riddles took over my life). I never could get into Linux so I don't have the fortune of gaining knowledge from his wisdom.May you rest in peace Bruno.It is never easy to lose a friend, real life or online. Know that feeling all too well.

V.T. Eric Layton

Thank you for posting this. No need to apologize for reviving the thread. It had not been archived yet, so was still an active announcement post in the board main page.

• 6 years later...

Bruno loved Bob Dylan music. As do I. He is a true legend. Helped me make my anti-virus be able to do live scans. And fixed the X server on my Mandrake. Back when they had Mandrake, and installing a font could break it. He passed on so much information on Linux while he was with us. And made every one feel welcome. No RFM. A true legend.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
V.T. Eric Layton

Bruno Knaapen b.1950 d.2010 (on this date)

You are very much missed, my friend. You are ALIVE here at Scot's, though. There is a bit of you in all of us who knew you. There is so much of you here at Scot's. Also, your family kept their promise and have kept Tips for Linux Explorers up and running throughout the years. GNU/Linux has gone through many changes since you created those tips, but there is still much good information on that site.

Your prophesy regarding the likelihood that I would "make a good Slacker" has definitely come true! :)

Somewhere in the time stream, you are still helping new Linux users, I'm sure of that.

~Eric

• Like 4

• V.T. Eric Layton featured this topic

My sincere condolences to Bruno and his family and friends. Even though I did not know him, I can see the passion that everyone here had for him. Sounds like he was a wizard with Linux.

Bless you & Thank you Bruno...you are with the Angels now free of pain and sadness. May you RIP ...

• Thanks 3

• 2 years later...
V.T. Eric Layton

This is on my Thunderbird calendar for today:

Bruno Knaapen b.1950 d.2010 (on this date).

There is no forgetting this man for many of us here... and that is how it should be!

hMWj6oG.gif