Warned 0%

saturnian

My Rocky and Bullwinkle haven't moved. That pix at the same paid storage in post #20 and post #24 so it isn't a linking problem.The only thing I did differently is post the thumbnail, figuring maybe it was too large. But I thought the forum simply resized if something was too large.

My Rocky and Bullwinkle haven't moved. That pix at the same paid storage in post #20 and post #24 so it isn't a linking problem.The only thing I did differently is post the thumbnail, figuring maybe it was too large. But I thought the forum simply resized if something was too large.
Nope, it doesn't do that.

Nope, it doesn't do that.
Yup, it does that – how's that for conflicting info? :thumbsup: kuvakaappausvhappybirth.th.pngThe above screenshot is "from" a laptop with 1024x768 resolution. It's whatchamacallit dynamite dynamic; it shrinks images to 50% of your screen width.But but but... the original image isn't too large – look:rockyandbull.gifHere's "the tagging":
[img=http://file.walagata.com/w/perk/Scot_links/rockyandbull.gif]

:thumbsup:

:D It was late? The battery was almost exhausted? One coffee too many? New board software? :w00t: I think it's the latter, the only question remaining would be 'since when it was updated'; anyway, normal posted pictures in a reply can get big and wide, that's my experience from not so long ago. We had to get in there, resize them and PM the original poster what we did and why. If it (the boards software that is) nowadays resizes the images posted, maybe it's a great idea to test it out then. A nice big 1900 x 1600 picture of Tux and then let's see what happens. :D

:D And there you have it: the board does not resize too big pictures.
Erm, if you click on the link it's there. Resized to 26%.

I did sunrat! The screen is filled with tux :D ,I have to scroll from left to right and from top to bottom, so It's not getting resized automatically.Hold it............ something strange is happening here, need to find out more. Stay tuned.edit: sometimes (so not always!) clicking on the link opens up tux in a new tab in the fox, in where it results in a huge penguin and stays like that, huge.However, clearing all data and closing the browser, then clicking the link again does indeed open up tux in another tab in where it comes on huge and after a sec or so it gets resized to '35% of original size [ 2400 x 2796 ]'. Now using Opera and clicking the link opens up the picture and it instantly gets resized, I can't even see how fast it does that. Just like Poof, gotcha!Mmm, maybe the fox is getting old and bloated.So I have to conclude you guys are right. Period.!

It resizes almost instantly for me in Iceweasel, which is just FF with a different name. I get 26%, maybe you have a bigger screen. Mine is 128x1024.

Hold it............ something strange is happening here, need to find out more. Stay tuned.edit: sometimes (so not always!) clicking on the link opens up tux in a new tab in the fox, in where it results in a huge penguin and stays like that, huge.However, clearing all data and closing the browser, then clicking the link again does indeed open up tux in another tab in where it comes on huge and after a sec or so it gets resized to '35% of original size [ 2400 x 2796 ]'. Now using Opera and clicking the link opens up the picture and it instantly gets resized, I can't even see how fast it does that. Just like Poof, gotcha!Mmm, maybe the fox is getting old and bloated.
Take the fox to the vet :hysterical: ... here, it behaves just the same way – resizes after the image has loaded, that is – no matter which browser I use:kuvakaappausimageresize.th.png

V.T. Eric Layton

Resizing works for me. The resizing script that this board uses is a function of javascript, I believe. You have to have javascript enabled and not be using any script-blocking apps in your browser for it to work properly.NOTE: We still do NOT want to post pics larger than the 480 px wide limit stated in the forum rules due to consideration for folks with slower Internet connections. :hysterical:

It's a javascript problem of firefox (3.5.8), firefox has issues with it in its javascript handling. I see this on other sites I visit frequently too.No worries Eric about the max. allowable size of pictures, we know the forum rules even in our sleep, don't we?

It's a javascript problem of firefox (3.5.8), firefox has issues with it in its javascript handling. I see this on other sites I visit frequently too.
I'm running 3.5.8 too. Iceweasel not Firefox. Haven't noticed any javascript problems, and it handles the board resizing pics properly.

... we know the forum rules even in our sleep, don't we?
Repetitio est mater studiorum – here is the ROFLMAO ruleset (A.D. 1928):The Three Main Rules of Discipline:- Obey orders in all your actions.- Do not take a single needle or piece of thread from the masses.- Turn in everything captured.The Eight Points for Attention:- Speak politely.- Pay fairly for what you buy.- Return everything you borrow.- Pay for anything you damage.- Do not hit or swear at people.- Do not damage crops.- Do not take liberties with women.- Do not ill-treat captives. :rolleyes:

V.T. Eric Layton
It's a javascript problem of firefox (3.5.8), firefox has issues with it in its javascript handling. I see this on other sites I visit frequently too.No worries Eric about the max. allowable size of pictures, we know the forum rules even in our sleep, don't we?
Well, that memo about big pics wasn't really meant for you, Striker. You are part of the furniture around here at Scot's. I KNOW you know the rules, my friend. You probably helped to create them. :yes:Now if we could just nag you out of retirement and make you a BATL mod again. ;)