Warned 0%

saturnian

What is that thing to the left of my posts that says "Warn: (0%)"?If I click on "0" I get a window, in there it says "Saved warn logs: saturnian."I tried searching around the forums for info on this but didn't find anything.

Guest LilBambi

It is part of the warning system for users. If there are issues that can't be resolved, the warning system is used. It has rarely had to be used on this forum; for which I am very glad.

How nice of you to offer, Mr. Layton. :unsure: So, the warn level goes up for the number of times the user has received warnings from the mods and/or administrators? Like demerits or something? :thumbsup:

Edited by saturnian

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,I just noticed that In my profile box it has that note..Can anyone explain what that means? Did I do somethingagainst the rules?Thanks for any information..jolphil

This is beginning to amaze me...That Warn system has been in place since the last board software upgrade a couple YEARS ago, yet in the past couple weeks numerous folks have posted/PM'd about it.Here's your answer --> http://forums.scotsnewsletter.com/index.php?showtopic=32693:w00t:
Thanks Eric..Is there anyplace that we can see "what issue" or warning took place and "When"? Is there some policy you can point us to that we violated?I guess I should have been more observant and noticed it sooner.. :( Thanks again,jolphil

If the warned says 0%, you have never been warned meaning you never did anything that someone reported. So, there is no place to look for what you did wrong because you have yet to misstep.I suspect the warning system has never been used. Usually when I do something that isn't proper (example: posting a link to something questionable) one of the admins, sends me a personal message and asks me to correct my blunder.

V.T. Eric Layton

To my knowledge, no one has ever had their Warn number increased here. We don't use that system. Heck, I don't even know how to increase your Warn %. :thumbsup:

To my knowledge, no one has ever had their Warn number increased here. We don't use that system.
Some admins like using it. Gives them a feeling of power. ;)
I suggest that you refrain from such behavior or you will receive additional warnings.
Edited by Ed_P

When you see the moose warning triangle you're supposed to watch your step.It usually does'nt mean the meese are still around. :hysterical:
Shh, not too loud...this one's still hanging around in stealth mode. :star:rufus_mountiemoose.gif

... still hanging around in stealth mode.
Target located and under constant surveillance.house1.gifNow then... we got to go in with our hydraulic system and blast him out. :worthy:

Uh oh, I hate it when the moose is loose. One exception: bullwinkle.hmmm, why isn't bullwinkle and rocky showing? It keeps getting stripped out of the post.

Edited by zlim

Let me explain...it appears in post #24 but in post #20, I kept posting and posting and it never showed.Notice all the edited...that's me putting the image back in, posting and then having it disappear.I'm still trying to figure out why it refused to show in post #20.I'm positive it is a PEBCAK problem but I couldn't figure out what I did wrong.

V.T. Eric Layton

If you were hotlinking to an image on a site other than one of your own sites, it's possible the image did NOT allow offsite hotlinking. That happens sometimes.