Interest test...

ross549

There you go with that word again. Ballast. I prefer to think that we provided counter-balance and stabilization protection services. I prefer the rosy outlook on life. Never found any advantage to any other outlook. I will just pretend everything is wonderful and it will be that way. B)

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ross549

• teacher

• havnblast

• Jeber

Top Posters In This Topic

Counter-balance & stabilization protection services - good spin - I like it !! B) We can add that to our yellow pages ad for roofing & sawmill services (just a new idea that I threw in). I'm about half serious about the sawmill stuff - lots of really good hardwood will be used as firewood or go to waste & the folks with trees down just want to get rid of them!!

They have a pile down by the Kitty Hawk Pier that must be 30 - 40 yards long and 10 yards wide by about 4 yards tall. All chips. Need any? Then there is another pile that size waiting to be chipped. Lots of trees going to waste now. Yo uwould think they would find a way to make something out of all that. I have many friends that need no firewood this year. B)

Guest LilBambi

That's great Julia! Nice plus for folks that have suffered so much loss in the Outer Banks.Counter-balance & stabilization protection services ... that sounds cool! Nice way to look at it. Everyone was great! No job too was small ... all was important. ;) Roofs on old houses are a scary place. BTW: We are using the leftover plywood to redo the bathroom roof! Yeah! It's all good as our son says. :lol:

Well, with a bit more time to read today, I finally stuck my nose in here. I guess Ross got another nosey person to add to the thread. I haven't been into the Linux section at all...yet. I tried installing Peanut, then I was going to install WinLinux but I had the wrong version of windoze and I did look at Knoppix. I'm just not ready to tackle the heavyduty stuff yet. Maybe in a year or two. I'm still trying to figure out what hoops I have to jump thru to get Firebird to work on 2K. (I know it should work...bottom line, it doesn't).

Just remember guys/gals... We put up a sign quite awhile back that said "No Penguins allowed in the water cooler - Makes the water taste 'fowl.'" :D ;) :lol: ;)

I am a 911 Dispatcher/Corrections Officer for our county. I work mainly nights cause I am a night person, starting to think I am a vampire. So as long as we get out duties done and use the internet in a proper fashion we can have access to it, which really helps on long slow nights.

Glad you to have fun waiting for things to happen. I believe a challenge was issued earlier. Someone said it was too hard to do Linux. Hmmmm? Wonder why GolfPro said that about no L.... in the Water Cooler. If I remember correctly, this is not the water cooler. Great use of the plywood LilBambi. Glad to hear it was so quickly put to a good use. With all this rain this weekend I bet you appreciate the timing on that one!

That means I would have to turn it on! Those of us that get to work regular hours sometimes have a gift called an internal alarm clock. Mine just goes off at a strange time of the morning and works seven days a week!

Ick. I have no "internal alarm clock." Since I joined the Navy, I have spent almost no time working a normal schedule, so I never really have to get up at a specific time. I love it. :P

I haven't been into the Linux section at all...yet. I tried installing Peanut, then I was going to install WinLinux but I had the wrong version of windoze and I did look at Knoppix. I'm just not ready to tackle the heavyduty stuff yet. Maybe in a year or two.
I believe there is a challenge in there somewhere. Take a trip to here and you will find lots of folks that thought they could not do it but have succeeded. I know of at least three converts in this thread alone - all since May! If we can do it, you can.... :P

Ick. I have no "internal alarm clock." Since I joined the Navy, I have spent almost no time working a normal schedule, so I never really have to get up at a specific time. I love it. :P
Internal alarm clocks only work on a normal schedule! Not one that changes every few days!

My schedule is far from normal - on call 24/7 so you sleep when you can. I am also on call 24/7 for the local Search and Rescue Squad. I have been thinking about the ambulance squad too, but that is 160 hours of more training. Once your in this field your constantly training and keeping certifications current so it gets to be a lot of dedicated time involved, but I enjoy it. I just wish the pay was better :P

If you are ever doing a job for the money, then you are in the wrong field. Money is not the important stuff. Granted, it is nice, but one never has too much money. You only spend what you make. Tell me a field that does not need constant updates...... I think I would be bored in one that did not require me to keep learning. :P

Julia,I think I'll blame that post on my cats! :P Okay, seriously, that's what I get for posting after seeing one of the strangest movies I've ever seen. Kill Bill: Vol. 1 definitely not for the weak of stomach. Very good movie, but Tarentino uses over the top violence so much that it's almost funny... Definitely the goriest movie I've ever seen.

Guest ThunderRiver
I am a 911 Dispatcher/Corrections Officer for our county.  I work mainly nights cause I am a night person, starting to think I am a vampire.  So as long as we get out duties done and use the internet in a proper fashion we can have access to it, which really helps on long slow nights.
Vampire!....dude.. that means it works out for you then..working as 911 dispatcher.. and easy access to blood! :lol:

ThunderRiverThat took me a minute -- :D Love the response.Ryan -- Those cats are getting the blame for a lot lately. Any other alter egos you have? :lol: Have you been hanging out with Jeber lately? :D

havnblast, if you really need to know about that vampire thing...you might want to consult this forum. Someone, or something, there should be able to help you decide if you qualify or not.